Motorola Moto X 2014. Anyone having trouble with Moto Assist maintaining your location as at

bob4al

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Moto Assist will sporadically set my location as home then for seemingly no reason it will stop even though I have not left the house all day. The other features when driving and sleeping work fine. It just will not maintain the "knowledge" that I am home consistently. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix for it?

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem. Posted a thread here on AC but got no responses, so I think it's pretty isolated. I then posted a question on the Motorola help forum about this (and about how to more effectively control the Talk To Me feature). It was suggested that I clear the data from the Moto Assist app and then reset all of the info. For the most part that seems to have resolved the issue, although this morning Home did not resume when Sleeping ended and I ultimately had to reboot the phone to make it enable.

More generally, I'd really like to be able to simply toggle TTM on/off when needed, for as long as desired. As I said on the Motorola forum:

A general comment for Motorola - The Talk To Me (TTM) feature is useful, though I don't see its direct correlation to the device being exclusively at Home (or any one specific location), nor do I see why someone would want it always enabled at a location. TTM could be useful for some people at work or certainly at any place where your hands may be dirty, wet, oily, etc. Conversely, if I'm home watching a movie I wouldn't want TTM interrupting (but might want it back on when the movie's over). So it's unclear why TTM is wedded to the Moto Assist Home app.

Functionally the only way to toggle TTM on or off is indirectly via the Moto Assist Home location settings or directly via Moto Voice for only 30 minutes-at-a-time. The former is clunky, cumbersome and needlessly (location) resource taxing; The latter is arbitrarily short and static. I hope Motorola will consider providing a way to simply and directly toggle the TTM feature on/off and/or enable activating TTM for longer specified periods than just 30 minutes.

If your problem persists and/or if you agree with my comments about TTM it would be helpful if you'd post your experience/thoughts in that Moto thread. They do tend to follow and give consideration to feature requests/changes in the forum.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
My home icon is sometimes shown in notification bar, and this is because my gps is on, in battery saving mode

If my GPS were set to high accuracy then home icon would be on all the time

Unfortunately, it seems assist will only (for now at least) learn of a Bluetooth device such as your car, though would be great if we could tell it/designate it when we're on our home's wifi so that it knows we're home instead of having to have GPS drain battery at home if WiFi radio already on anyways

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Or better still, since Talk To Me is the only feature of Home mode, just give us a simple toggle to turn it on/off. Apps like Tasker, Automateit etc. can handle the rest if want to link to to location, time, etc. Hope Moto listens.

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
My Moto Assist has no trouble knowing I am home. Google's trusted places however for some reason doesn't. Even with the Home icon on my notification bar, there are times when I have to unlock my phone.

bob4al

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Just to post an update on the issue I was having. I downloaded the CCleaner app and cleaned the cache (over 100mb in the phone) and do it once per day and since then the issue has resolved itself. I don't know if it's coincidence or not but the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for the replies!!!!!