Android device manager or Motorola device manager?

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey everybody. I've had my phone for a week or two but still haven't set up a device manager for if the worst happens. In Security settings there's the option of Android Device Manager and Motorola Device Manager. Which one would people recommend to use. I was gonna use the Android one but when I read the latest reviews on the play store it seems that the app was once good, but many people are now having problems with it. So now I'm thinking maybe use the Motorola one. Or are there any more that you would recommend?
Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

Geek Central

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I use the Android Device Manager more, simply because it's an app on the phone and anybody can download it so you can use its guest mode if you ever lose your phone. I do, however, have the Motorola option on as well, and haven't noticed any great difference in battery life. However, I once tried to find my phone with the Motorola option and couldn't remember the website. If you go that route and recommend you write it down somewhere.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I like ADM as it lets me use other Android devices instead of having to login to Moto's site.

Have never had a problem with it.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Personally I recommend ADM because you can access it from an app, it offers all the same functionality, and you can have ALL your Android devices in the same place.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I've downloaded ADM. When I log into it it locates my phone. BUT, the only thing it will let me do is ring the phone. The lock and erase options are greyed out. I've allowed the lock and erase option in google settings. So what am I doing wrong? Or maybe it's not giving me those options because it knows that I'm home?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2