Case recommendations?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I can now tell you do not but the Case Mate Tough Naked case. I've had my Moto X for 3 weeks and it's been in the case since day 1, dirt has gotten in between the case and phone and has totally f'd up the back of my phone, the back cover has pits and scratches in in that have ruined the back cover beyond cleaning or repair. I have to call Motorola and see if I can buy a new back cover and the Case Mate case is going in the trash. I owned last year's moto x 9 months with no case and it still looks like new, this phone looks like crap after 3 weeks. Just a note: I work in an office, the phone is never carried or left in a dirty or dusty environment, just normal use, also it's a normal plastic back, not leather, I can only imagine what this case would do to a leather back. Feel like contacting Case Mate and make them pay for a new back cover. Does anyone know if the back covers on the new Moto X are user replaceable?

Posted via the Android Central App

That's interesting. I've gotten a little bit of dust under the back cover of the phone, but none of it has actually damaged the case or the phone.

Dust gets in every case. The only difference is you can see it with the Naked Tough because it's clear.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I can now tell you do not but the Case Mate Tough Naked case. I've had my Moto X for 3 weeks and it's been in the case since day 1, dirt has gotten in between the case and phone and has totally f'd up the back of my phone, the back cover has pits and scratches in in that have ruined the back cover beyond cleaning or repair. I have to call Motorola and see if I can buy a new back cover and the Case Mate case is going in the trash. I owned last year's moto x 9 months with no case and it still looks like new, this phone looks like crap after 3 weeks. Just a note: I work in an office, the phone is never carried or left in a dirty or dusty environment, just normal use, also it's a normal plastic back, not leather, I can only imagine what this case would do to a leather back. Feel like contacting Case Mate and make them pay for a new back cover. Does anyone know if the back covers on the new Moto X are user replaceable?

I have the Naked Tough as well and I don't see this case causing any more damage than any other form-fitting, hard case. I guess time will tell :/

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I can't imagine that the Casemate is worse at trapping dust than any other hard case. The only difference is that you can actually see the dust through the crystal clear Casemate, whereas if it's frosted or painted, you can't see anything.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting. I've gotten a little bit of dust under the back cover of the phone, but none of it has actually damaged the case or the phone.

Dust gets in every case. The only difference is you can see it with the Naked Tough because it's clear.

I agree. I am on my second Cimo case (the first one was missing the small opening for the mic on the back), and I'm in the habit of periodically taking it off and cleaning it. There's always a bit of dust or whatever from my pockets that has made its way between the case and the back of the phone, but I've never had any damage of any kind from it. Unless the phone is fully enclosed and you never put your phone in your pocket, I don't see how you can avoid a bit of dust getting in there from time to time.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a Diztronic case from Amazon. I am pretty careful with my phone but is investing in an OtterBox worth it? Had a pretty basic case on my last phone.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Diztronic case from Amazon. I am pretty careful with my phone but is investing in an OtterBox worth it? Had a pretty basic case on my last phone.

Only you know your usage and habits. If you're not rough with your phone than an Otterbox Defender would likely be overkill. Howevee, there are much lighter duty Otterbox cases that would probably be more appropriate and, perhaps, look better to you.

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
I have the case from Motorola's website (the optional case available through MotoMaker) and it fits the phone great. My only gripe is the headphone jack hole is a tad small, and won't fit any of my headphone jacks. I'm seriously thinking about taking a knife to enlarge this hole but I'm hoping anyone here knows of a similar case with more room on the headphone jack.

Thanks!

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Only you know your usage and habits. If you're not rough with your phone than an Otterbox Defender would likely be overkill. Howevee, there are much lighter duty Otterbox cases that would probably be more appropriate and, perhaps, look better to you.

Thanks! Seems like the only available case is the Defender series. Motorola Moto X 2nd Gen Cases

The Diztronic case I bought seems basic but still okay. Just a little concerned about commuting with it.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You could certainly try, but I would not.
It is not as 'beefy' as the Hulu Bumper at all, and on its own, won't stay in place as well.
The two pieces were engineered to work together.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87