Two Things I miss on my Moto X (2014)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I transferred from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to the Moto X Gen 2. So far so good. There are two things I miss from my Samsung:
1. I really came to rely on the LED notifications ... is this possible on the Moto X (2014)?

2. I used to be able to see all recent apps, still can on Moto X, but on Samsung, I could close them all at once. Is there a way to do this on the Moto X ?

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
You can't do either of these things with the moto x 2014 as standard. Don't know if its possible by any other means (rooting etc.). Not too bothered about a notification light personally (I think its maybe the sort of thing you don't miss unless you've had it before - which I haven't). The option to close all recent apps with one tap would be useful though

Posted via the Android Central App

AndroidIsMyThing

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't really see why you would need led notifications with the moto x. It has moto display, which in my opinion is ten times better.
As for closing all apps, it probably couldn't be accomplished without root.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
At first I also missed the notification light but after a year with both versions of the X, I'll take the active display any day. Big reason why I went with the new X as my upgrade instead of an S5. That and the other moto features.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion active display is far better then a notification light. However, the moto x 2014 does actually have one behind the top speaker grille. I'm sure with root you can use it. From the factory it is only used to signal a low battery when it's too low to turn the screen on.

As for the clearing all recent apps. I'm sure there is an Xposed module for it. That requires root though. Idk though, I've never desired either of those things.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes, i missed LED notifications when I first received my 2013 moto X last year. That lasted for about 2 days. Once you get used to active display you will find it is soo much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance