Lock Screen...

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Biggest feature I miss (I think it's Lollipop specific and not manufacturer specific) from my Note 3 is the ability to use no unlock type (i.e. swipe, pin, password). I loved being able to hit the unlock button and automatically be taken to the last thing I was doing, completely bypassing the lock screen.

Are there any apps that allow bypassing the lock screen or any other methods that work?

Pure Edition on AT&T running Lollipop. Thanks in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Go into settings, security, lock screen, and select "none".

I wish... My options are only: Swipe, Pattern, Pin, Password.

"None" is not an option anymore. Was in my Note 3 running KitKat. Are you on Lollipop and have the "None" option?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
This is what my setting page looks like. Can't scroll up any further.

1699.jpg

WTF lol. I just went to the support page and it also says it should have NONE as an option.

Wonder if I did something to eliminate it. Some kind of app I installed. I dunno. If I have to do a factory reset I'm gonna lose my mind...

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
If you have work email on it, it would part of the IT policy for the company to disallow not locking the phone.

Just a personal Gmail and Yahoo account. Does it matter if I selected POP3 or IMAP? Going into my accounts, it looks like I selected IMAP. Not sure what the difference is so I did eenie meenie miney moe.

I see a factory reset in my future. I'm already preparing by taking pics of my home screens and such.

wmdunn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it makes a difference, but after I installed the 5.0 ota, I did an additional full factory reset.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it makes a difference, but after I installed the 5.0 ota, I did an additional full factory reset.

I did about three after the install lol.

I'm gonna try another one. Most definitely appreciate all the help, folks

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Just a personal Gmail and Yahoo account. Does it matter if I selected POP3 or IMAP? Going into my accounts, it looks like I selected IMAP. Not sure what the difference is so I did eenie meenie miney moe.

I see a factory reset in my future. I'm already preparing by taking pics of my home screens and such.

No, those wouldn't matter. Have you tried just clearing system cache through recovery? Better than a reset.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
mine does that when I have Eset installed, I would imagine any sim lock program must do the same or it wouldn't work!

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and did the factory reset. I got my "NONE" lock screen option back so that's exciting. I checked the security settings after every three apps I installed to try to find the culprit but it wasn't any of my apps that did it.

I had a pin lock for a day... Wonder if just adding a pin lock, even temporarily, caused it. Maybe just a bug. I didn't have any special security programs or apps installed.

Thank you all for the help and replies

bmclachlan

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Biggest feature I miss (I think it's Lollipop specific and not manufacturer specific) from my Note 3 is the ability to use no unlock type (i.e. swipe, pin, password). I loved being able to hit the unlock button and automatically be taken to the last thing I was doing, completely bypassing the lock screen.

Are there any apps that allow bypassing the lock screen or any other methods that work?

Pure Edition on AT&T running Lollipop. Thanks in advance

Sorry for going off topic, but how did you get lollipop if you are on AT&T?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
You likely had a Guest account active, you needed to open that and sign out for the None option to reappear.

Wow, now that you mention it, I was testing out the guest account feature. Good to know for future reference, thanks. The factory reset wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. Almost felt like I was unboxing again lol. I stress "almost"

And yes, I have the pure edition. The update was ready when I fired up the phone for the first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12