going back to 2013 Moto X

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Its just too big. That's basically my reason. One Pure Edition headed for ebay.

Posted via the Android Central App

Its there now. It was used with love while I had her. As the polka song goes,
"I don't want her,
You can have her.
She's too fat for me."

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've never parted with mine, although I've grown quite accustomed to the larger screen of the 2014 model and I never thought I would.

techstep

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
If my Pure Edition falls and break I wouldn't mind going back to the first generation Moto X as it feels more natural in the hands.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Pure Edition sold quickly. I think I set the pay it now a little low, (450).
Ordered an Xperia Z3 Compact from Sony last night. 4.6 inch screen. Full sized power and supposedly two day battery.
Still got my OG MotoX as backup. Love this phone and SIZE.

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I've never parted with mine, although I've grown quite accustomed to the larger screen of the 2014 model and I never thought I would.

After about a month with my pure edition, size is about the only thing I'm not loving about it. Screen is great for viewing obviously, but not totally comfortable for all around use. I have large hands but still like the size of the '13 x better. I'll keep this one, and am getting used to it, but the z3 compact looks attractive, and I hope there are more small phone options like that when I need a new phone in a couple years.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I still love my 2013 model and am using one now till the Z3C comes. It will be nice when lollipop hits it.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Got my Pure Edition just this past Thursday and everything's great except the size to me; that and it's a lot more slippery compared to my Moto X 2013 waffle black phone. I'm trying to get used to the larger size and the fact that there's a lot less I can do now with just one hand, but every time I put that 2013 back in my hands, it just feels so much better in the hand than the much wider 2014. In any case, I'm hoping I'll just get used to it. If not, guess I'll be selling it, as well.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Sold mine, bought a Z3 Compact. Insane battery life. Can't kill this battery in a day.
And not heavy handed with their approach to android either.
Waterproof and better camera.
Still have the trusty 2013 Moto X as backup.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i agree that the 14 is slippier than the 13'. I attached some 3M grip tape on the back it really makes a difference.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Sold mine, bought a Z3 Compact. Insane battery life. Can't kill this battery in a day.
And not heavy handed with their approach to android either.
Waterproof and better camera.
Still have the trusty 2013 Moto X as backup.

I wish the Z3C was available on Verizon. I'd get it in a heartbeat to replace my Moto X 2013 but I like my plan so I'm very hesitant to switch.

I've been tempted a few times to get the Moto X 2014 but the size is a turnoff for me. I'd also like something with significantly better battery life than my 2013 X and the Z3C fits the bill perfectly.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
douglasbnorton - just a quick question:

how do the screens compare between the Z3C and Moto X 2013? I've always preferred the contrast and color saturation of AMOLED displays and LCD displays have been borderline deal-breakers for me.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
douglasbnorton - just a quick question:

how do the screens compare between the Z3C and Moto X 2013? I've always preferred the contrast and color saturation of AMOLED displays and LCD displays have been borderline deal-breakers for me.

I am very happy with the Z3C.
Go to a wireless provider and look at the Z3 screen, its what I did. Not so sure what they did but its much better than the Z2 was. My son in law had a Z2 and I did not like the display then. Maybe it was his settings, idk.
The Z3C has a beautiful display and a killer battery. I now use a live wallpaper because battery life is a non issue with this phone. That itself is a huge luxury. Long battery life.

I love my 2013 moto x but the Z3C is a better phone.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I wish the Z3C was available on Verizon. I'd get it in a heartbeat to replace my Moto X 2013 but I like my plan so I'm very hesitant to switch.

I've been tempted a few times to get the Moto X 2014 but the size is a turnoff for me. I'd also like something with significantly better battery life than my 2013 X and the Z3C fits the bill perfectly.

Same, if sprint had the z3c, mine. The only thing I would miss on my Moto 13 (which I love) is the always listening + home assist. Damn you Sony and Sprint!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar