any idea on when the next moto x sale date or discount code will be?

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, Well I had a code at xmas time to purchase the new moto x for $150 or so off but i missed the window. Well that and if I purchased a new phone during xmas my wife would of not been so happy ;> anyway, how frequently does Motorola run the same type of sale offering the same discount code?
I still have my trusty 2013 moto x but I think its time for the newer model. Has anyone who had a code like me been able to reach out to motorola after the fact and get the discount now? just curious.

Thanks. Doug

dcgardn

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
correct, free for a limited time. my contract s up on 1/27, so I am able to upgrade on 1/20 (one week from today) with my luck, I'm sure the "limited time offer" will be gone by next week. I have the 1st generation 2013 moto x now, and would really like to upgrade to the 2nd gen. hopefully it will still be available!

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
correct, free for a limited time. my contract s up on 1/27, so I am able to upgrade on 1/20 (one week from today) with my luck, I'm sure the "limited time offer" will be gone by next week. I have the 1st generation 2013 moto x now, and would really like to upgrade to the 2nd gen. hopefully it will still be available!

My wife is eligible on 1/26 and I'm really thinking of getting her an X. The free offer will be a big part of my decision if it's still available.

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I think the best deal already past with the $140 off Cyber Monday, hopefully there will be other sales through the year. I can't believe the Moto X 3rd Gen is coming later on this year.

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If you have a .edu email account or know someone who does you can use it to get a code for $50 off. I used my wife's .edu email to get the code when I purchased my 2014 X in October.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the best deal already past with the $140 off Cyber Monday, hopefully there will be other sales through the year. I can't believe the Moto X 3rd Gen is coming later on this year.

If so, it will fit their pattern of a new model every year, and of course I'm going to want one. I'd like to be patient enough to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but I'm realistic and know I won't be.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, Well I had a code at xmas time to purchase the new moto x for $150 or so off but i missed the window. Well that and if I purchased a new phone during xmas my wife would of not been so happy ;> anyway, how frequently does Motorola run the same type of sale offering the same discount code?
I still have my trusty 2013 moto x but I think its time for the newer model. Has anyone who had a code like me been able to reach out to motorola after the fact and get the discount now? just curious.

Thanks. Doug

My guess would be Valentine's Day as they did a sale for the original Moto X last year around that time. I know because I picked up two with $100 discounts on each.

ddorbuck

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
thanks. I have been toying with the nexus 6 or new moto x and I think the moto is more for me. Except the nexus 6 camera is in all the review I have read better. Oh well $100 off would be nice to have .

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
As tempting as that will be, I know I will have to resist from buying it. Think they'll increase the screen size?

Fingers crossed they won't. The current size is about as big as I want, since anything bigger isn't going to fit in my pocket.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me if they went to 5.5 inches. It's only .3 more and it seems like that's the general size that everyone is going too. It doesn't seem like that big of a jump to me. I've waited for a few months to grab the 2014 X, but now that we're into 2015, I'm feeling the urge to wait and see what comes out. I'm perfectly fine with my 2013 X for now. Still just as good as the day I got it.

Posted via Android Central App

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting used to it but don't want a phone that is much larger or I would have bought a Nexus 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
On Feb 2, Motorola will give out codes (only up to 200,00) good for up to $140 off, which will be good for almost everything except Nexus 6.

Starting next Monday, February 2 at 11am CT, we’re offering a promo code* worth $140 off your purchase of $499.99 OR $50 off your purchase of $249.99 on Motorola.com. Pick your favorite Motorola devices and accessories, such as a new Moto X (2nd Gen.) and Moto 360, add them to your cart, and purchase before February 14.

If you miss that offer, you can still get a great deal. Spend $499.99 and get $100 off, or get $35 off a purchase of $249.99 — no promotion code needed. The same exclusions below apply and you’ll still need to complete purchase by 10:59 p.m. CT on Saturday, February 14.

How do you get in on it? Simply register here. Once you enter your contact information, we’ll email you a unique, one-time-use promotion code that can be redeemed no later than Saturday, February 14th at 10:59pm CST.

Here are the details*:
◦Register on Monday February 2, from 11am - 11:59pm CT for a code worth $140 off your pre-tax purchase of $499.99 OR $50 off a pre-tax purchase of $249.99.
◦You must use a shipping address within the U.S.
◦On Tuesday, February 3: $100 off $499.99 OR $35 off $249.99 site-wide.
◦Consumers have until until February 14 at 10:59pm CT to redeem.
◦This offer excludes Nexus 6, Moto X (2nd Gen.) on Republic Wireless, and the Extended Service Plan. Limit two devices among Moto X (2nd Gen.), Moto G (2nd Gen.), Moto G 4G LTE (1st Gen.), Moto E, and Moto 360. Promotions cannot be combined

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463