Why is my Moto Camera all of a sudden taking inverted display and pictures?

damnyankees

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Inverted display and pictures in Moto Camera app - help!

All of a sudden today, my Moto Camera app has an inverted display and takes upside down pictures. The settings menu is on the right side of the screen (and upside down), the gallery is on the left, and pictures come out upside down. I've cleared the cache and data in the app, disabled the app and re-enabled it, cleared cache on the phone. Nothing is working. When I re-enabled the app and opened it up again, the welcome/setup menu text was upside down. It's really weird. Everything else is working fine on my phone. Moto customer support suggested toggling the auto rotate setting, which I did, and it did nothing. Then they suggested a reset, which I really don't wanna do. Anyone heard of this before? Thoughts on a fix? Thanks!

Last edited:

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Inverted display and pictures in Moto Camera app - help!

Guessing this is a stuck sensor. You might try giving it a couple sharp whacks against your hand at different angles to unstick (a couple of folks on the Moto forums confirmed this worked for them). Otherwise you may have to get it replaced.

damnyankees

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Guessing this is a stuck sensor. You might try giving it a couple sharp whacks against your hand at different angles to unstick (a couple of folks on the Moto forums confirmed this worked for them). Otherwise you may have to get it replaced.

Holy effing crap, that worked! I smacked the hell out of it on my hand about 30 times, all sides, all angles...nothing. Waited a while, figured I'd try again - this time I was droppedit onto my desk a few times. BAM! Unstuck sensor. Now that I think back, I think I dropped my phone yesterday, so that must've been what got it stuck to begin with. Anyways, many MANY thanks!!

Rick Pyun

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Holy effing crap, that worked! I smacked the hell out of it on my hand about 30 times, all sides, all angles...nothing. Waited a while, figured I'd try again - this time I was droppedit onto my desk a few times. BAM! Unstuck sensor. Now that I think back, I think I dropped my phone yesterday, so that must've been what got it stuck to begin with. Anyways, many MANY thanks!!

Rick Pyun

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
This is a great post! I had the same upside down problem and also tried everything. Nothing worked until testing this and skeptically slapped the phone hard against the pillow. Miraculously everything is right side up:))))

jdunlap14

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Oh My Gosh!!!! Did this seriously just work?!?! hahahaha
I just whacked the camera against my knee right hard and BAM!!!! It's all better! lmao

boazoliveira

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site

Man, it worked for me too!!! Thanks a lot
UNS TAPAS NA TELA FUNCIONOU MESMO! A câmera estava invertida e não conseguia arrumar, cheguei até a trocar a ROM por uma da cyanogenmod e nada, mas depois dei uns tapas na tela mudando o angulo do celular e tudo voltou ao normal! Obrigado pela dica! Thanks a lot

Farha Zeby

Aug 1, 2017
Visit site

All of a sudden today, my Moto Camera app has an inverted display and takes upside down pictures. The settings menu is on the right side of the screen (and upside down), the gallery is on the left, and pictures come out upside down. I've cleared the cache and data in the app, disabled the app and re-enabled it, cleared cache on the phone. Nothing is working. When I re-enabled the app and opened it up again, the welcome/setup menu text was upside down. It's really weird. Everything else is working fine on my phone. Moto customer support suggested toggling the auto rotate setting, which I did, and it did nothing. Then they suggested a reset, which I really don't wanna do. Anyone heard of this before? Thoughts on a fix? Thanks!

hey me too having the same issue i did a factory reset but it didnt worked still the same issue . i am also in big problem what to do pics are coming inverted its all with the camera n ither app like retrica n b612

rayushbpgc

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
I'm having Moto x4 was facing " inverted display of camera" problem. I followed 2 different methods by Moto customer care nothing happened. Then I updated my Moto x4 camera software in play store and the problem got fixed automatically.