Attentive Display doesn't work

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Any idea why it is not working i tried in all lighting conditions... initially it worked once but now it doesn't...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-27-08-01-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-27-08-01-40.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 76

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've seen others report this issue as well. I believe it has been suggested and possibly determined that it is a Lollipop-related issue.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Quick question: is Attentive Display the same as Moto Display/Ambient Display?

No. It uses the new sensors and camera to detect that you are using your phone in order to prevent the screen from sleeping. It is actually a very cool feature (when it works).

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue. It was working great since I got the phone a few months ago, then it just stopped. Only thing I can think of is that my battery completely discharged before I could plug it in again. Wonder if that has anything to do with it ? Mine still not working, various lighting, no screen protector. Nothing has changed on my phone.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine still not working, various lighting, no screen protector

Turn it off and leave it off for a while. Then turn it back on and it should work for a time. I have yet to discover what kills it, but these steps have been pretty consistent here for getting it back to a working state.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
It's one of the features that got broken after the lollipop update.

Yeah, it definitely broke with the Lollipop update. Shame...the Lollipop update has been detrimental to this device. Here's hoping 5.0.2 fixes majority of the bugs.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea I'm on a break from my Moto X because of all of the broken features. Using a blackberry again and really enjoying it.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
It works great for me. However, I do have to make sure the phone is facing directly at me for it to work. If the phone is slightly angled the screen will just shut off like normal.