Dirt in the Speakers. How To Clean Them?

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Moto X. It was a month used with zero scratch. But there is dirt visible in both the loudspeaker and call speaker. I found that it's a common problem. Even though it doesn't affect the quality of the speakers, it's bothering me. I tried most of the things like sticky paper and tooth brush. But I couldn't get off the dirt.

Anyone with a possible workaround?

Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's on the surface and won't come off with tape? No. If it's inside the grill, a small vacuum cleaner (or VERY carefully bring it about a foot from a regular vacuum cleaner's nozzle when it's running, then slowly bring it closer until it sucks the dirt out - at the very first sign of dirt coming out, stop moving and just wait for it to be cleaned out; a regular vacuum cleaner nozzle right up against the phone can destroy the speaker).

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
It's on the surface I guess. I cleaned some dirt with the sticky paper. But the yellow color is still there.
So there's no workaround right?

And one question, I've some more queries. But in doubtful whether to open a thread for each of them or do the forum have a single thread for all questions?