Moto X 2014 screen quality

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I just got one, and I'm. Not sure if it's just me or not but the screen quality seems strange to me, kind of like fuzzy but I'm really not sure how to describe it. When I look at it It's almost like I can see little dots, no I'm not mistaking it for pixels.

Posted via the Android Central App

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you have the 2014 version? mine is very crisp, as it should be, at 1080p.

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So I just got one, and I'm. Not sure if it's just me or not but the screen quality seems strange to me, kind of like fuzzy but I'm really not sure how to describe it. When I look at it It's almost like I can see little dots, no I'm not mistaking it for pixels.

OP is probably talking about when looking at a pure white or solid color you have some macro-chromatic aberrations going on if you really want to look closely at the device.

kurveb03

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, even I noticed them. Pretty visible on light grey backgrounds, but that's amoled for you.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
OP is probably talking about when looking at a pure white or solid color you have some macro-chromatic aberrations going on if you really want to look closely at the device.

I'm not looking thay close to the phone, I can see it while holding it normally. It's actually the first thing I noticed when turned it on, it's disappointing.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, even I noticed them. Pretty visible on light grey backgrounds, but that's amoled for you.

I've had the S3 through S5 and have never noticed something like this before haha. I knew the colors also had a warmer look to them as well, but jeez, these are much warmer than I thought.

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not looking thay close to the phone, I can see it while holding it normally. It's actually the first thing I noticed when turned it on, it's disappointing.

Must be defective then. This is one of those things that is hard to tell, especially on forums. Different people have different levels of vision and when we're dealing with something so tiny like the dense pixels on a screen, flaws can be obvious to some and invisible to others.

I have my Moto X 2014 and a GS4 side by side. While the GS4's whites look "bluer", they are cleaner than the X's. The X has some distortion for me when viewing a solid color. I can notice it at around 12 inches but it's so subtle and I know that 98% of the population wouldn't care. It really doesn't bother me, and that is saying something considering how picky I am. Yours probably isn't as subtle.

That's about it though. I only see it when looking at flat solid blocks of color. When looking at a photo, it is incredibly gorgeous. Comparing it side by side to a GS4 I can't tell a difference at all.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if phone makers would let you set the color temperature, like you can on monitors!