Battery draining issue

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Google play services takes hell lot lot of battery unnecessarily... How to minimize it...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-08-06-09-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-08-06-09-56.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_2015-03-08-06-10-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-08-06-10-34.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 82

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Has this been after a resent upgrade from KitKat to Lollipop? If so you may want to try a Reset. If that does not solve it then cache partition wipe, or a factory reset. Take note a cache wipe will not cause data lose, however, a factory reset will so do a back up first.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Additionally, I'd ask if you have updated all your Play Store apps, or is there a few that do need to update. Your system might be polling the store to find all the updates needed.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, I believe Google Play Services provides location information to apps that request it....another area to check.

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Has this been after a resent upgrade from KitKat to Lollipop? If so you may want to try a Reset. If that does not solve it then cache partition wipe, or a factory reset. Take note a cache wipe will not cause data lose, however, a factory reset will so do a back up first.

Lollipop was installed out of the box... before installing anything I did factory reset first... first few days there was no problem as such... I installed essential apps and after few days the problem started then again i did factory reset and installed essential apps... but no difference.

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Additionally, I'd ask if you have updated all your Play Store apps, or is there a few that do need to update. Your system might be polling the store to find all the updates needed.

All my play store apps are up to date... that doesn't seem to b the root cause..

justpastfinish

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issue on my verizon moto x. Did almost your exact steps, out of the box this last Monday did 2 factory resets. Installed apps I use. No social stuff. Syncs normal. GPS on device only. Google play services goes crazy and has mobile radio active like hours at a time. No clue how to fix it

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked your google sync settings? Sync defaults to ON for all google services, so you might try turning it off for unused google apps (e.g. I don't use Play Books, Movies, Newstands etc.).

justpastfinish

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I unchecked all the stupid stuff. Left gmail and calendar and timely, few more things. I seem to have large mobile radio active wake locks under battery > google play services. Seems its keeping my radio on for like 3-4 hours and not letting my phone into deep sleep. I've also downloaded all the newest play services like 7.3.28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz