Install AT&T ROM on Pure Edition

TheRydad

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know if it is possible to install the AT&T ROM on my Pure Edition phone?

I love the stock feel, but I would like to be able to run the AT&T Messages app and the AT&T Voicemail app crashes every time I run it.

-rd

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Which voicemail app are you running? I have a Pure Edition Moto X 2014 on AT&T, and I use the app, "AT&T Visual Voicemail" and it has never given me any trouble. The voice to text AI could use some work, and the app is horribly ugly, but the app does not crash.

Regarding messaging apps, there are dozens to choose from.

I don't know the details of your particular situation, but I think installing the AT&T ROM on a Pure Edition phone is an awfully drastic move to get two "very average at best" AT&T apps to run on your phone. I think you would probably be better served with an alternate solution, i.e., figure out why the VM app is crashing and fix that issue, and find other apps that are almost assuredly better than anything AT&T has cooked up.

TheRydad

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. My AT&T Visual Voicemail app crashes every time I launch it and play a voicemail with a message saying something along the lines of "AT&T Visual Voicemail has stopped working". It immediately reloads and works fine after that so it is just kind of a minor annoyance. I have no idea what to look for to troubleshoot. Any ideas?

I like the ability of the AT&T Messages app to keep text messages synced between my phone, tablet and browser without relying on my phone to work. I'll see what else is out there...

Thanks, again.

-rd