Moto voice vs ok Google search

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I started to play around the regular okay Google search on my phone vs moto voice. Is it just me or does Google now process my voice faster than moto voice does and more accurately?

32 gig custom made 2nd gen Moto X by moto maker running lollipop 5.0

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Of course. Moto Voice is the "middle man" for Google search queries.

I continue to use Moto Voice though for the touch less controls while driving and at home...

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Of course. Moto Voice is the "middle man" for Google search queries
That's very true I suppose. The only two features that I really miss from the little voice, is when you call someone out with the call command, by default with moto voice it'll put them on speaker phone. The only other and manager future I could see is and I'll let you speak the PIN number but that could also be a security issue too lol what do you use?

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
That's very true I suppose. The only two features that I really miss from the little voice, is when you call someone out with the call command, by default with moto voice it'll put them on speaker phone. The only other and manager future I could see is and I'll let you speak the PIN number but that could also be a security issue too lol what do you use?

See above. I edited my post, apparently too late lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
See above. I edited my post, apparently too late lol
Haha gotcha. Yeah I like those speaker phone by default with moto voice I'll know when I see that commands, the ok who carry seems to act up a lot faster so I'm just weighing the pros and cons right now. Basically I'm playing with both to see which one I like better.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I don't like about Moto Voice is the low volume over Bluetooth. Google comes in nice and crisp over my car Bluetooth and my Moto Hint but moto voice is too low

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I don't like about Moto Voice is the low volume over Bluetooth. Google comes in nice and crisp over my car Bluetooth and my Moto Hint but moto voice is too low
Well, like I said, the only thing that is weird I understand Moto voiceis a middleman between my voice and the internet searching, but okay Google searches vs moto voice searches are much faster. The only thing that I would miss a little bit is the default the speakerphone on a call vs my having to remember to always put it on speaker phone. I mean typing in the PIN number is easy it's just a convenience of the other feature if you know what I mean.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So ive also realize that works okay Google vs moto voice if you look closely in the directions for okay Google it will only work when the screen of the iPhone or the phone is charging. So if the screen is off and locked position in the phone is off the charger it won't work at all which really sucks. That means I'm going back to moto voice after all lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I continue to use Moto Voice though for the touch less controls while driving and at home..
Yeah, but I'm going to try to do is retrain my voice with more the voice to be a little lower not as loud for volume wise and see if that is more accurate as well.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to mention... If you want Moto Voice (or OK Google) to recognize a bunch of added commands, check out Commandr in the Play Store. Works great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair