Navigation Bar Burn In

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm kind of upset right now because I noticed for the first time my navigation bar is burned in ever so slightly.

Is there a way to fix it or does Motorola's warrantee even cover that? If worse comes to worst I can use one of my Moto Care $35 replacements.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought that the transparent Nav bar would help to offset that. Or are you seeing the burn in of the nav bar buttons?

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I would have thought that the transparent Nav bar would help to offset that. Or are you seeing the burn in of the nav bar buttons?

Yeah the buttons are what's primarily visible, but the whole thing is there. As far as the transparent nav bar goes; it is only transparent in the launcher. I spend very little time in the launcher when compared to various apps. All of which have a black navigation bar, or a navigation bar that has a matching color to the app UI.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the problem on my 2013 Moto X. I contacted them when I had a couple weeks left on the warranty. It sounded like the would replace it if you went through their support process. I was concerned that I would have to accept an un-customized device since the 2013 was no longer in production.

They wanted me to go through a whole process of removing apps and a factory reset to see if the problem would go away as if it weren't a physical problem with the screen. Since I initiated support via chat and continued via email, I was going to lie and say I tried all of that since I knew the best it could do is prevent *more* burn in from unintended screen-on time.

Anyway, if you try to get a warranty replacement, I hope it goes well for you.

I've read Samsung's latest AMOLED screens are better at avoiding this issue. But we'll probably have to wait a couple more generations of phone models before other manufacturers can use those.

Sent from my Moto X

Last edited:

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the problem on my 2013 Moto X. I contacted them when I had a couple weeks left on the warranty. It sounded like the would replace it if you went through their support process. I was concerned that I would have to accept an un-customized device since the 2013 was no longer in production.

They wanted me to go through a whole process of removing apps and a factory reset to see if the problem would go away as if it weren't a physical problem with the screen. Since I initiated support via chat and continued via email, I was going to lie and say I tried all of that since I knew the best it could do is prevent *more* burn in from unintended screen-on time.

I've read Samsung's latest AMOLED screens are better at avoiding this issue. But we'll probably have to wait a couple more generations of phone models before other manufacturers can use those.

Sent from my Moto X

Thanks, I figure worst case if they don't want to replace it I can use my moto care deductible to get one.

I also wasn't aware that AMOLED screens had a burn in problem, but obviously they do.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I figure worst case if they don't want to replace it I can use my moto care deductible to get one.

I also wasn't aware that AMOLED screens had a burn in problem, but obviously they do.

That really sucks. Let us know how it turns out.

Hopefully this problem doesn't start appearing more on the 2014 Moto X.

Dimon Daemon

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Sent from my Moto X

The situation with AMOLED displays is similar to PDP (plasma display TV). New plasma TV needs to be run at least 100-200 hours at minimal brightenes without static elements on the screen for a long time. After that you still have to avoid static objects on a screen on max brightenes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49