Moto X (2nd gen) XT1095 Pure Edition/T-Mobile: Lollipop 5.1 Update

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I just saw an article online saying that the 5.1 upgrade is available for the pure edition. I checked mine in settings and it showed that it wasn't yet. Was this just more online bad info?

Posted via the Android Central App

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is 5.1 available for the pure edition?

Bummer. I'm not surprises at all, but I was hoping that I had missed it somehow.

Oh well. Anyone heard an eta on it? I'm starting to hate 5.0.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

You might be, but I'm not.

There is ALWAYS going to be a complaint or two about the current ROM/OS, specially when there a newer version available on other devices that they think will fix their issues.

Personally, I have not had or seen any issues with my current 5.0 version. Sure I'd like to see 5.1, but I'm not sure I will see any real difference when it does get here.

Is there something specific about 5.1 that makes it so special for you that you have to have it right now? And if there was something why didn't you get in on the Soak Test?

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site

There is ALWAYS going to be a complaint or two about the current ROM/OS, specially when there a newer version available on other devices that they think will fix their issues.

Personally, I have not had or seen any issues with my current 5.0 version. Sure I'd like to see 5.1, but I'm not sure I will see any real difference when it does get here.

Is there something specific about 5.1 that makes it so special for you that you have to have it right now? And if there was something why didn't you get in on the Soak Test?

There's a lot of complaints, not just a few here and there. Terrible battery life, inaccurate battery meter causing it to shut down with anywhere from 5-15% left. Memory issues. Connectivity issues.

And unless you've been living under a rock, you know 5.1 is supposed to address most of these issues, so that's why we're waiting (impatiently) for it to come.

Also, the majority of people who applied to be in the soak test didn't get an update.

The problems are common enough that Motorola listed them in the change log for 5.1. So don't assume because your device isn't experiencing them it's just "one of two complaints"

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/104930

Bug Fixes
Issues fixed in this release include:

Clock in the status bar isn’t updating and alarms are not going off
Can’t delete SMS messages when the SIM card is full
No ringer audio while making an outgoing call
Calculator floating point calculations
Chrome crashes on launch
Frequent restarts while watching Netflix
Wi-Fi will not automatically reconnect to your home Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi not connecting after being idle all night
Wi-Fi connection issues with multiple routers in one location
Bluetooth discovery is not triggered when you refresh settings
CPU wakelocks that contribute to heavier battery drain
Connection and synchronization issues with MS Exchange servers
Incorrect default APN
Can’t unlock the SIM with a PIN/PUK code
Can’t play ‘pinned’ content
General stability improvements

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Chris.

No, I didn't get into the soak test. And yes, I have numerous issues. And oddly, I had no complaints at all with the original OS. I'd just like my Moto X to work as well again as when I got it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Android 5.0 seems alright with me. I do have some small issues here and there but nothing ground breaking. Also as always I welcome the most and newest current version of the OS on my phone!

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2nd gen): Is 5.1 available for the pure edition?

I had 5.1 on my Nexus 5 and was just fine. It worked perfectly.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

So since the soak test is completed do we have any indication when Motorola might push 5.1 to the XT 1095 Pure Edition? Peace. Have a good week..

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

So since the soak test is completed do we have any indication when Motorola might push 5.1 to the XT 1095 Pure Edition? Peace. Have a good week..

How do you know the soak test is completed???