Is it worth it to buy the Moto X (2nd gen)?

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is it worth it ?

Absolutely, you can buy a phones thats bnib for less than $300 and its still in the top 5 of of anyone's best phones list. I wouldn't use an upgrade on it since you can buy a new one for slightly more but IMO its the best bang for buck phone out there right now

Moto X 2014

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

+1! I say go for it. I love mine. Software set on the Moto X 14' is just great. I love the wave features to turn my screen on! The little things are is what make the Moto X stand out. For its price even BNIB its still worth it.

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

Plus the motox for whatever reason has been getting software updates way before nexus. I usually switch phones every few months due to boredom but I've found it had to sell my moto x's

Moto X 2014

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

I love everything about mine and if it died today, it's the only new phone I'd purchase. But that's just my personal opinion. Since no one here will be using your new phone except you, I'd suggest going to whatever carrier store you're getting service from and look at what they have. Play with the few that you like and pick your favorite. There are many great devices out there right now.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Since no one here will be using your new phone except you, I'd suggest going to whatever carrier store you're getting service from and look at what they have.

Don't assume everyone does the 2 year contract thing. You can buy most any phone carrier unlocked these days and pay less than half than what most people pay month to month.

Anyway, I just saw a similar thread on the Moto X first gen area. I actually think the first gen X is still worth getting if you don't need a big screen. I actually "downgraded" from a Nexus 5 to go with the first X because it's cheap and has the features I like.

But back to the OP's question, yes the Moto X 2 is definitely still a worthy phone. To me, the size is perfect and it has enough horsepower to satisfy anyone but the most demanding of users.

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

It is an excellent phone, and the best bang for the buck flagship. I love mine. I was happy to upgrade to this from my Nexus 5.

I wish it had an IR blaster, notification light (in addition to Moto Display), and double tap to wake/sleep (like on the LG phones). Then, it would be about perfect for me.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

I just upgraded about a week ago from a 1st Gen Moto X which I absolutely loved. 2nd Gen has some nice upgrades. I wasn't sure about going to a bigger phone, but this is still quite manageable. It's a well-made and beautifully constructed phone. I went bamboo back this time and am very happy with the choice. Processor, screen, front facing speaker, camera & flash, audio quality of phone calls, infrared sensors and attentive display are all nice improvements from 1st Gen.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Best phone I have ever owned! I have had it since December and totally recommend it. If you are coming from a smaller screen it'll take some time getting used to.

I wish it had a notification light as well.