Moto voice commands through lock screen

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, as of the past couple of days I've noticed , I've noticed that when I do my launch phrase and then I speak my command it doesn't bypass my pin lock for my lost dreams and goes underneath it for example if I launch my Pandora music Pandora will play but my phone will remain locked. Has anyone ever experienced that one before? My phone was never like this before only the past couple of days it has been acting like this. Thanks for any help

32 gig custom made 2nd gen Moto X by moto maker running lollipop 5.0

ksevcik

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed this as well on my droid turbo running 4.4.4. It's really annoying because if you speak a text, it'll do everything behind the lock screen, including asking if you want to send whatever text it came up with that's hidden behind the lock screen. Haven't found a solution yet.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this as well on my droid turbo running 4.4.4. It's really annoying because if you speak a text, it'll do everything behind the lock screen, including asking if you want to send whatever text it came up with that's hidden behind the lock screen. Haven't found a solution yet.
Yes really weird. My Moto X second generation never ever ever used to do this up until about a week ago now whenever I get my lunch phrase then my phone commands it does everything behind my lock screen. I figured rebooting the phone without doesn't though. It continues to persist. I just don't get it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, just to let you know, in the meantime until they figure out what's wrong with moto voice and by that I mean Motorola maybe that moto voice software update via the Play Store I've disabled moto voice and enabled the Google now feature of course. It works just as nicely it just doesn't have the same touchless abilities when locked but if you send me unlock the phone by swiping your hand over the IR blaster and then hitting the clear button once you can still activated decently easily. I just can't have it doing commands while its locked if you know what I mean. Its really annoying.

exodite

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I'm surprised so few people are mentioning it. Since there is an issue with Moto Voice bypassing the lock screen/allowing Google Now to appear on top of the lock screen (something wrong with the "Commands while locked" setting), temporary workarounds are to:

a) keep your phone unlocked in locations where you commonly use moto voice (ie. at home, using location based smart lock, so it doesn't have to bypass the lock screen at all) or
b) turn ON "Speak PIN to unlock" and turn OFF all "Commands while locked" in Moto Voice settings, therefore prompting you to speak your pin every time you use Moto Voice to unlock the lock screen

It's still inconvenient either way and I do rely on this feature a lot, especially for hands free driving. I hope Moto has a fix ASAP

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I'm surprised so few people are mentioning it. Since there is an issue with Moto Voice bypassing the lock screen/allowing Google Now to appear on top of the lock screen (something wrong with the "Commands while locked" setting), temporary workarounds are to:

a) keep your phone unlocked in locations where you commonly use moto voice (ie. at home, using location based smart lock, so it doesn't have to bypass the lock screen at all) or
b) turn ON "Speak PIN to unlock" and turn OFF all "Commands while locked" in Moto Voice settings, therefore prompting you to speak your pin every time you use Moto Voice to unlock the lock screen

It's still inconvenient either way and I do rely on this feature a lot, especially for hands free driving. I hope Moto has a fix ASAP
Yes yes yes I'm surprised more people with our phone hadn't mentioned it at all... I will try those settings and see if I have any better results. Thank you.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem lies with the fact that moto voice piggy backs off the Google app. Recently google updated the search app various times but Motorola has not kept up with the Moto voice app to play nicely with the Google app. When it works it's a great app. But unless Motorola keeps up with the updated it might as well just remain turned off and just use Google now as it provides a much better experience albeit not as convenient. Such a shame.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem lies with the fact that moto voice piggy backs off the Google app. Recently google updated the search app various times but Motorola has not kept up with the Moto voice app to play nicely with the Google app. When it works it's a great app. But unless Motorola keeps up with the updated it might as well just remain turned off and just use Google now as it provides a much better experience albeit not as convenient. Such a shame.

Posted via the Android Central App
I mean don't get me wrong, I have thought about turning moto voice off completely, there are two reasons why I like it number 1 what I call someone via moto voice because I'm actually is defaulted to the speaker phone but I don't have to remember to turn on speaker phone, and they're more more device and verbal gestures I can give it like to eat what's up command. How many people here at turned off that Moto voice though?

jfaggett02

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Francis: Alright Jay, if your phone have a lock code, you will need to enter it first and the Moto Voice feature will not allow you to use the voice command to type the lock code.
Jay: Okay, I'm confused. There is a box that states Google commands while locked.
Jay: I have checked the box to enable this feature. This issue just started happening. It was working about a month or two ago.
Francis: Yes, but since it is the security of your phone to have the lock code, you will not be able to use the Moto Voice or voice command to unlock it if it have a lock code.
Jay: So the feature speak PIN to unlock is no longer valid even though the option is available within the Moto Voice app?
Francis: Yes, exactly Jay.
Jay: Okay. I'm still confused, because I have used this feature before on numerous occasions. But thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22