Google Play Store won't download/install with screen off?

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else run into this? It seems to be specific to my Moto X and does not occur on my Nexus 5 or Nexus 7. If I have an app updating/installing and turn the screen off, no further action occurs until I turn the screen back on. I actually first noticed this immediately after a factory reset. When trying to update the ~28 apps that were out of date I selected Update and then turned my screen off... After about an hour I turned it back on, and none of the apps had updated. They started updating as soon as I turned the screen on.

I have tested this on WiFi and mobile data, and I do have background data enabled and WiFi set to always stay on.

Flow39

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me once, if I remember correctly. It was a while ago, so I don't remember completely, but I had 8 app updates that needed to install. I click update all, checked my phone about 30 mins. later, and only 2 apps updated, which I assume were updated while I was using my phone. I haven't had any issues since though. Maybe a reboot fixed it, so I'd try that if you haven't done it already.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I had 8 app updates that needed to install. I click update all, checked my phone about 30 mins. later, and only 2 apps updated, which I assume were updated while I was using my phone.

I've had/seen this on all Android phones. This doesn't seem to be Motorola specific. I actually take the time to update the apps one at a time to see what the changes are.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01