Cellular data not working and exclamation mark next to cellular signal

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, about a week ago while I was on holiday my cellular data stopped working. I thought it was some sort of problem with the foreign network and didn't think much of it. But I've just got home to the UK and my data still doesn't work. There's an exclamation mark next to the phone signal indicator. I called my network provider but they couldn't help. She said there should be a setting to turn mobile data on or off, but when I looked where she said it should be it wasn't there and I can't find it anywhere. So does anybody know where this mobile data on/off setting is, or what the problem is? I'm using the EE network

EDIT: now sorted!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this helps but in the US that means you went over your domestic roam limit and data is turned off until the billing cycle reset.

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Now sorted. I managed to accidentally turn off data in settings! I didnt even realise there is a setting for it. God knows how i accidentally turned it on. Whoops hahah

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
There are different places where you can switch data on & off. It can be done in the quick settings or in Settings - Data Usage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995