Android 5.1

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So everyone I've been thinking, if I don't get to 5.1 update with a volte soon I've been thinking that's what you meant my first generation Moto X unfortunately. Still a bullet proof phone I love my second generation but I can't do that no simultaneous voice and data for too much longer just like everyone else.

32 gig custom made 2nd gen Moto X by moto maker running lollipop 5.0

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I think there was a voice transcription error there. You're saying that you might go back to the 1st gen Moto X?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I think there was a voice transcription error there. You're saying that you might go back to the 1st gen Moto X?
Sorry if it was mistaken. If we don't get to 5.1 update with volte soon I'm thinking about going back to my first generation motto x for the time being. I need simultaneous voice and data is driving me nuts.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Your profile says you are on Verizon... is that still the case? A really fun thing with one forum for a device on numerous carriers is trying to figure out what carrier version you are talking about with out some details.... Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular, or the Pure Edition... each has a different ROM update procedure and capability. Any chance we can get an idea of what carrier version you are talking about?

If you are on Verizon... aren't they still working on some patch or something to allow VoLTE? I thought the last thing I read was they promised something some time in 2015, or did I not see something that said they were releasing something earlier?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Your profile says you are on Verizon... is that still the case? A really fun thing with one forum for a device on numerous carriers is trying to figure out what carrier version you are talking about with out some details.... Verizon, AT&T, US Cellular, or the Pure Edition... each has a different ROM update procedure and capability. Any chance we can get an idea of what carrier version you are talking about?

If you are on Verizon... aren't they still working on some patch or something to allow VoLTE? I thought the last thing I read was they promised something some time in 2015, or did I not see something that said they were releasing something earlier?
I am on Verizon, however the Droid turbo has the volte update the Galaxy devices have the volte update as well. Hopefully I'll get it soon.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes but evenVerizon is going to 5.1 automatically.

Automatically.... nothing to do with Verizon is ever automatic... I was with Verizon since the Thunderbolt and just left about a year ago... they are the slowest to test/update their ROMs. Sorry, I don't want to start anything, but Verizon is far from automatic.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Automatically.... nothing to do with Verizon is ever automatic... I was with Verizon since the Thunderbolt and just left about a year ago... they are the slowest to test/update their ROMs. Sorry, I don't want to start anything, but Verizon is far from automatic.

You are very correct about Verizon, but I think he just meant that the Verizon Moto X will be going straight to 5.1 and skipping anything in between. Nothing is automatic with Verizon though. Who knows when it will happen.

Sent from my 2014 Moto X

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You are very correct about Verizon, but I think he just meant that the Verizon Moto X will be going straight to 5.1 and skipping anything in between. Nothing is automatic with Verizon though. Who knows when it will happen.

Sent from my 2014 Moto X
So last night I try to flash flash update my 2nd gen moto x app drawer and I didn't realize that once I did the flashbulb apk file for the new application for that everyone else on the forum was complaining that that broken crashed the okay Google now commands. Now sure can install the Google app apk file / do Google now launcher and start all over again fresh but what's the point? I probably will just wipe the phone and I'm thinking of selling it because I'm not happy with the whole piece of work and I'm running quickly out of patience for when it's going to get to 5.1 update. I'm thinking of going onto the internet somewhere to find the Verizon Nexus 6 and having some fun with the bigger screen so to speak lol. Most of which because the Nexus 6 already has 5.1 update and volte support.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante