Encrypt or not?

rite11ken

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
My Moto X(2014) was encrypted before. I just factory reset it after updating to 5.1 because I had a lot of issues with my phone lagging, apps crashing, even the Google app crashing. Now the phone is working well but I'm not sure of the exact reason for it.

I downloaded all my old apps so it's not an app causing the problem. This makes me think that the encryption was an issue in the problems earlier. So should I stay off encrypting my phone to ensure my phone works well while assuming the security risks that come with a non-encrypted phone?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Encryption on 5.0 made my phone nearly unusable. I have not encrypted since the 5.1 update and I am wary about trying it.

Posted via the Android Central App

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had the opposite experience. My employer recently mandated all phones be encrypted via an exchange policy. My phone has been encrypted for a little over a week and I've noticed no difference whatsoever from when my phone wasn't encrypted. I was worried about it after reading horror stories about encryption on nexus devices but it hasn't been an issue for me at all.

rite11ken

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
So I have got conflicting reports from people regarding this. It's been a week since the factory reset and haven't encrypted and my phone is working so good that I never experienced before.Maybe that is due to 5.1 or due to no encryption.

Would more people like to comment on their experiences?

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have encrypted phone (Nexus 6) and I never rooted etc like that. So as it comes encrypted ut still encrypted. Well I feel more secure if I'll lost or someone took my phone. No chance to bypass. So phone will be unusable.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my Moto X 2014 encrypted.Just a PIN password works for my needs .

Sent from my Nexus 6

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech