Moto Voice won't work when connected to car's bluetooth?

katesbb

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a new 2014 Moto X. Moto Voice works fine when not in my car.

But when connected to my car via bluetooth, "OK Moto" will open the usual blue screen (so I know it hears me), but within a second or two it closes back to the Home screen again before I even get a chance to followup with a command. It does this every time I wake it with "OK Moto," always opening the blue screen for a second, then closing right away again.

If I turn off the bluetooth connection to my car, Moto Voice works fine. Connect again to my car and it fails.

The bluetooth connection with the car otherwise seems fine - I can make and receive calls through the car's audio, play music, etc.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Brand new Moto X, running 5.1.

dkear

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had some trouble with this as well. Is there music playing through the car speakers when you are trying to make your command? For me it seems like it has trouble listening for a command when it is actively sending the music to the car's bluetooth and/or music is being played over the speakers.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced this a few times at random. A phone reboot generally fixes it. This was on 5.0. Haven't had that issue since upgrading to 5.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38