Google Play Music Autoplay

Daveinmaine

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I have been having a problem since I got my 2014 Moto X. With my old 1st gen Moto X when I got into my car and connected to Bluetooth it would start playing whatever I had last been listening to, podcast, Audible or music, it would start my last audio app. Great. When my MotoX kicked the bucket and I went back to my old S3 for a few weeks same thing. However, my new MotoX always start Google Music, playing whatever I last played. If I start playing Audible before autoplay comes in Music still squashes Audible and replaces. This happens even if I force close Play Music before connecting BT. Any ideas if there is a setting I can tweak? I seem to remember that there was a headphone connect setting somewhere in an older version of Android, but it does not seem to be there anymore

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you have "driving action" selected in the Moto app? You might have play music selected then. It's all I can think of.

Posted via the Android Central App

Daveinmaine

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Good thought, got my hopes up for a moment, but I had disabled Car when I found I disliked the text reading. It does present a partial solution however, since using that at least lets me pick what gets autoplayed, and Pocketcasts is a less annoying choice than Google Music

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me on multiple phones across multiple versions of Android. Googling presents a lot of complaints, but no real solutions - at least it's a sporadic problem so eventually it stops by itself.

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Just a couple of weeks ago my sons Droid Turbo and my Moto X 2014 both stopped auto playing Google play via Bluetooth in my car and his car. No idea why.....so last weekend I did a hard reset on my Moto X 2014 and rebuilt the phone. Now Google Play starts playing in my car just like it used to.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
A recent Google Play Music update said fixes were made to the way it automatically starts using Bluetooth. This could explain the change in behavior.

I know before the update, the other music app I have installed, "Shuttle" would auto start at random when connecting to my car Bluetooth. After the update, if I had been listening to Play Music, then that will start back up when I re-start the car.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had that issue a while ago... it seemed to stop by itself after I stopped it a couple times and then started the app I wanted to use. I also listen to Audible a lot while in my vehicle. Occasionally it does still bring up Pandora when I come out the gym now, but that is mainly because I was listening to Pandora while I was in the gym... I guess this is understandable since I had stopped Audible when I went into the Gym and Pandora was the last thing I was listening to when I got back in to my vehicle. Additionally, I tested when I did not use my MotoX while in the gym, and Audible started right back up when I got back in my vehicle... so I have not seen Google Music start up again since those early days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon