How to bring back Android lock-screen notifications after Marshmallow update?

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty disappointing if this has been permanently removed. It's not a trivial change for someone who prefers notifications a certain way.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean ? My notifications still show up on my lock screen after the update

Posted via the Android Central App
If you are using Motorola notifications then nothing changed for you. I always use default Android notifications and 6.0 update seems to have removed this option. It even said that during the setup but I was hoping there's some way to change that

ahmedjan87

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Ah you mean the ambient screen or whatever that was called?
Yes it was indeed removed the only option now is to use the motor display

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Disable the Moto Display app in settings. Then the ambient display option should reappear under Display.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Disable the Moto Display app in settings. Then the ambient display option should reappear under Display.

Ah, thanks. I actually can't see this option coming back but if you disable Moto Display (system) app then notifications default to standard Android notifications.
You sure that option becomes available?

Thank you!!

ahmedjan87

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't see how this is a deal breaker though
moto display offers more functionality and saves more battery

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it
The old ambient screen is completely removed and there is no way to use it again

Ah bummer it definitely works on the 2015 x. Weird they would go through the trouble of a different implementation for the 2014.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how this is a deal breaker though
moto display offers more functionality and saves more battery

It's not a "deal breaker" but every other device in my family is Nexus (2xN7, N5, N6P) and I like consistency in UX. It took my wife a while to adjust from GS3 to N5 (pure Android) and I'm not gonna put her through some OEM specific feature again LOL.
Clearly Android notification feature is still there so it's strange that they took away that option. Anyway, at least disabling that app took care of it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc