Question about sounds in text messages......

Dr Crabs

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok, First a little history. I have been an iPhone user for at least 6 years and had flip phones before that so I did NOT text with the flip phones. Anyway, you know how when you have the text message app already open in an iPhone how when you "send" or "receive" a message there is a "swoosh" type of sound? Well, I am wondering if I am gonna have to do without this on my new Moto X 2nd Generation because when I check for these sounds you get the same sound as the sound you hear when you get a text with the app closed but less volume than when the app is closed. With the sounds this loud I don't want them BUT if they can be turned down a bit I'd love to have them on.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Messenger, one of Google's texting apps, allows you to turn on a "ba-doop" noise when you send a text. It's relatively quiet no matter what you have the app volume set to at the time. There is probably a texting app that allows you to set your own sounds for send and receive, but I don't know of one off the top of my head.

Dr Crabs

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks C.C. I have downloaded Textra and it gives an option of several choices for sounds when "sending" a text BUT none for receiving once the app is open so I'm still looking for one that offers both, I would think there would be one out there BUT I would also think someone here would already be aware of it's existence. :cool: