mdnsd battery drain - How to remove?

phillygrl

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
After I charged my phone I went to bed, and when I got up had < 10% battery. Took a look at usage and the majority is being used by mdnsd. I do not have FireFox or Greenify installed and I've cleared the cache to see if it would go away but it did not. I have no idea how this just appeared on my phone with no way to remove. Any help appreciated, I really do not want to have to do a factory reset.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
From a Google search, it looks like this problem has cropped up with multiple apps although Firefox seems to be the most recent culprit. If you've never installed Firefox and have this popping up, you could try a couple things before resorting to a factory reset:

1. Turn the phone off, charge it to full, then turn it on.
2. Change the accuracy of your location services (if it's on low, switch it to high and vice versa).
3. Look through your recently installed apps; are any of them heavily reliant on an internet connection? If so, try uninstalling them and see if that helps.

If none of this helps and the process persists through a reboot, you can always try clearing your system cache using the recovery menu. Follow the process here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Greenify isn't a remote control app for drones--it's used to freeze or disable apps on the phone that you might otherwise not be able to.

If you don't or have never played with remote control drones, then my question is irrelevant. But was just checking, because it's been mentioned before as a possible culprit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz