Moto X (2015) Rumored Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm just afraid the moto x is going to lose what made it the moto x that was stock lightweight software and hardware with good additions I don't want some overkill resolution and little battery life I want a moto x 2013 2.0

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm just afraid the moto x is going to lose what made it the moto x that was stock lightweight software and hardware with good additions I don't want some overkill resolution and little battery life I want a moto x 2013 2.0

moto X is still light weight on software. in fact Motorola improvised it by removing more software and feature which Android L introduced

google Now and google calendar is the default apps. They even removed trusted devices in favor of Smart lock from google.
battery saver is another example they made default on Moto X.

the only thing they are moving away is the screen size. i think the screen size is a good choice because most want 5.0 - 5.2 range flagship phones

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
5.2" would still be acceptable for me. But that is the biggest I'd get.

Right now I'm thinking of getting either the 2015 Moto X or the 2015 Nexus. Size will be the main consideration for me. The Nexus 6 is too big for me.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
5.2" would still be acceptable for me. But that is the biggest I'd get.

Right now I'm thinking of getting either the 2015 Moto X or the 2015 Nexus. Size will be the main consideration for me. The Nexus 6 is too big for me.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

go play with one - the N6 is a monster but it's also freaking awesome.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
A 3,280 mAh battery and 4 GB of RAM? I'm certainly intrigued with a 64 GB option. Although can someone explain the difference between the Snapdragon 808 and 810, and what would be lost/gained aside from the overheating issue?

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
A 3,280 mAh battery and 4 GB of RAM? I'm certainly intrigued with a 64 GB option. Although can someone explain the difference between the Snapdragon 808 and 810, and what would be lost/gained aside from the overheating issue?

808 is a 6 core chip while the 810 is an 8 core. There is no real difference in day-to-day tasks between the two chips. However, there is a slight difference in heavy intensive graphics. The 808 uses Adreno 418 vs the Adreno 430 in the 810. You would only notice this in playing graphic intense games.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
808 is a 6 core chip while the 810 is an 8 core. There is no real difference in day-to-day tasks between the two chips. However, there is a slight difference in heavy intensive graphics. The 808 uses Adreno 418 vs the Adreno 430 in the 810. You would only notice this in playing graphic intense games.

I've read conflicting statements, more more that have said the 810 when throttled is equal to the 801 sometimes. Where there's smoke there's fire, I wouldn't get a device with the 810 ... Anxious to see the 820.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Moto X (2015)

I did some searching today and found some articles on the new Moto X...

The Moto X (2015) has:
1. 5.2-inch AMOLED display with QHD resolution
2. A Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
3. 4GB of RAM,
4. 32/64GB of memory
5. 16-megapixel Clear Pixel camera
6. 5-megapixel front-facing camera
7. 3,280 mAh battery
8. the latest Lollipop release, currently 5.1.1

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2015)

I hope the add Qi wireless charging on the next Moto X.

Posted via Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
do u have a source on that battery? that would be huge. not saying u didn't see it, just wondering where

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I really hope they have a larger battery and better camera. The battery was one of the main reasons why I didn't get the 2014 Moto X. I see the camera is supposed to have OIS as well. If so, I hope the quality of the photos are greatly improved. I am kind of bummed they aren't going the Super Amoled route for the screen. I'm sure they could have called up Samsung for some. I hope there is a way for them to just make one model that is compatible with all carriers like Google had them do for the Nexus 6. That would be great! Please continue Moto Maker as well. If it has Qi wireless charging that would be great but Quick Charge technology is a must. The link below shows the camera supposedly having OIS.

STJS Gadgets Portal: Moto X 3rd Gen Camera features pictured.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I really hope they have a larger battery and better camera. The battery was one of the main reasons why I didn't get the 2014 Moto X. I see the camera is supposed to have OIS as well. If so, I hope the quality of the photos are greatly improved. I am kind of bummed they aren't going the Super Amoled route for the screen. I'm sure they could have called up Samsung for some. I hope there is a way for them to just make one model that is compatible with all carriers like Google had them do for the Nexus 6. That would be great! Please continue Moto Maker as well. If it has Qi wireless charging that would be great but Quick Charge technology is a must. The link below shows the camera supposedly having OIS.

STJS Gadgets Portal: Moto X 3rd Gen Camera features pictured.

if it has the rumored 3200+ battery I'm not even all that concerned with quick charge, it'll last me all day. just throw in a competitive camera, keep the ux similar and I'm in

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

if it has the rumored 3200+ battery I'm not even all that concerned with quick charge, it'll last me all day. just throw in a competitive camera, keep the ux similar and I'm in

Yeah they skimped on the battery last year. Qi charging is too slow for me to really invest in it. Quick charging is where its at, in my opinion. I agree about a competitive camera. If it had at least a camera on the level of the G3 I'd be satisfied. The software experience would have to be similar. No Motoblur from 2011. A couple of new features on top of stock android and we will have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith