Moto X Phablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey there guys

Does anyone see the possibility of Moto making a version of the next Moto X with a bigger screen, possibly 5.7 or 6? Ideally I would think they would do something like that. I would

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for that as well. It would be nice to launch a phablet along with the moto x going forward.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So I just read another story in Tech Times saying that the Moto X may come in two variants, with a 5.7" phablet in the offing, along with the usual 5.2" phone. The phones would basically be the same, with the exception of a larger battery in the phablet. I would hope that the supposed phablet would have dual front-facing stereo speakers, as that would be a huge selling point for me.

I would also hope that the Moto X won't be a Verizon exclusive, since I'm on T-Mobile. Just imagining a Nexus 6-like phablet with Moto features, it has me excited. It would be my dream phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Whatever they decide, you can be certain they will try to "one up" it with the next verizon droid.

When the first moto x came out i was ready to buy it, i loved the idea of the always listening features. Then i heard the droid maxx was coming out, same concept with a much bigger battery..

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So I just read another story in Tech Times saying that the Moto X may come in two variants, with a 5.7" phablet in the offing, along with the usual 5.2" phone. The phones would basically be the same, with the exception of a larger battery in the phablet. I would hope that the supposed phablet would have dual front-facing stereo speakers, as that would be a huge selling point for me.

I would also hope that the Moto X won't be a Verizon exclusive, since I'm on T-Mobile. Just imagining a Nexus 6-like phablet with Moto features, it has me excited. It would be my dream phone.

The last Moto X was also on AT&T as well. Then you had the pure edition that worked on T-Mobile. I doubt that you will get a phone that T-Mobile sells themselves though.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The last Moto X was also on AT&T as well. Then you had the pure edition that worked on T-Mobile. I doubt that you will get a phone that T-Mobile sells themselves though.

The new X is going to be a one-version phone- meaning one version for all carriers, just like the Nexus 6.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The new X is going to be a one-version phone- meaning one version for all carriers, just like the Nexus 6.

Cool! Easy to go from one carrier to another. Wish more manufacturers will do this. Any word on stereo front facing speakers?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Cool! Easy to go from one carrier to another. Wish more manufacturers will do this. Any word on stereo front facing speakers?

Front will have stereo speakers. Very similar front design language as the 2014 X and N6, but with selfie flash. The changes to the back design can be seen in the leaked pics.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Front will have stereo speakers. Very similar front design language as the 2014 X and N6, but with selfie flash. The changes to the back design can be seen in the leaked pics.

Sounds promising. I just hope they make the camera better and it's just as snappy as before. It probably won't launch with Android M but I'm hoping that it will be updated quickly. Not really sold on a selfie flash. Any word on wireless charging? Size of battery?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds promising. I just hope they make the camera better and it's just as snappy as before. It probably won't launch with Android M but I'm hoping that it will be updated quickly. Not really sold on a selfie flash. Any word on wireless charging? Size of battery?

No idea, sorry.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Will the 5.7" phone have two front speakers like the Nexus 6, or one speaker, like the Moto X 2014?

What size battery will be in the 5.7" phone? I hear that it is supposed to be bigger in the phablet than 3,280 mAh in the 5.2" version.

Status
Not open for further replies.