Price of the new Moto X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
What do people think the price for the new Moto X (2015) will be?

Will they start the same $500, go higher, or go lower?

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind paying a premium for a premium device, and I'm hoping Moto hits a home run. I think the S6 is priced too high, which is one of the reasons sales are supposedly below expectations. I imagine they'll keep it around $550 give or take a few.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I predict the price will be similar to that of the second gen Moto X.

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Needs to be cheap if they want it sell. Moto just doesn't have the presence of Apple or Samsung. Making a top notch phone isn't enough. It needs to be just as good as the new IPhone or S6 and priced considerably less.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Needs to be cheap if they want it sell. Moto just doesn't have the presence of Apple or Samsung. Making a top notch phone isn't enough. It needs to be just as good as the new IPhone or S6 and priced considerably less.

totally agree

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

It's a shame too b/c their version of Android is great and their features are extremely useful. Just give us a good camera so I can switch back!! I miss my first gen Moto X but that camera...... sooooo bad. Unfortunately it's a huge thing for me as it's the only reason why I'm sticking w/ this laggy Note 4. It will be sold the second I see a Moto device w/ a good camera or the Nexus '15 w/ one.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It's a shame too b/c their version of Android is great and their features are extremely useful. Just give us a good camera so I can switch back!! I miss my first gen Moto X but that camera...... sooooo bad. Unfortunately it's a huge thing for me as it's the only reason why I'm sticking w/ this laggy Note 4. It will be sold the second I see a Moto device w/ a good camera or the Nexus '15 w/ one.

That sucks you're experiencing lag on your Note, seems like that's kinda an issue on a lot of Samsung phones (my S4 was guilty of it).

As much as I love stock, and really think M is gonna fill in a lot of the missing holes on L, I actually prefer the Moto version. It's pretty much perfect IMO ... It'll be such a shame if the Moto X doesn't come with a decent camera. I'll probably wait for the Nexus too if that's the case, though I doubt it'll be any better.

Last edited:

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That sucks you're experiencing lag on your Note, seems like that's kinda an issue on a lot of Samsung phones (my S4 was guilty of it).

As much as I love stock, and really think M is gonna fill in a lot of the missing holes on L, I actually prefer the Moto version. It's pretty much perfect IMO ... It'll be such a shame if the Moto X doesn't come with a decent camera. I'll probably wait for the Nexus too if that's the case, though I doubt it'll be any better.

If I could rid this Note of lag, it'd be the best phone I've ever owned. Although I loved Moto's features. Hoping for progress on the camera.... badly. They said they're going to "bring it" w/ this camera so let's see. I'm keeping expectations low though since the N6 and new Moto X have awful cameras.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The first gen Moto X came in relatively cheaper than the competition of that area. The second gen Moto X did as well.

But they weren't significantly cheaper than them. I don't think it helped sales.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I predict a $500 base price like last year, which was a good price.

I do not think they will break $600. They unfortunately have established the reputation of the Moto X as a "budget-flagship" and cannot command a higher price. I completely disagree with that reputation sense the experience on the Moto X is consistently better than all the other flagships of the year it is released, but in a world of spec sheet whores and camera nazi's, the Moto X gets the short end of the stick.

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The flagship will probably be $500. The premium will most likely be $50-100 more. As long as there's a 64GB version available on launch!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I also expect a $499 base price. Add $50 for 32gb or $100 for 64gb again.

hopefully 32gb will be the base and the extra $ goes to 64/128 ... so long as the price justifies what I'm getting, I don't care if they charge a premium.

like if I can get an S6 camera quality, or close to it, I'd be more than happy to shell out the extra cash.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
hopefully 32gb will be the base and the extra $ goes to 64/128 ... so long as the price justifies what I'm getting, I don't care if they charge a premium.
Exactly. I wouldnt mind paying a bit more for a 128GB. I have had Motorola Android phones since the original Droid and I loved them until now. I went to G3 since it had a SD slot. If the Moto x 2nd gen had 128GB, I would of stuck with them. 64 was also somewhat enough but didn't come out for VZW.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I wouldnt mind paying a bit more for a 128GB. I have had Motorola Android phones since the original Droid and I loved them until now. I went to G3 since it had a SD slot. If the Moto x 2nd gen had 128GB, I would of stuck with them. 64 was also somewhat enough but didn't come out for VZW.

I'm on VZ too and that's the exact same reason I don't have the MX2 right now.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm on VZ too and that's the exact same reason I don't have the MX2 right now.

I was disappointed when I saw the 64GB and found out its not for VZW. I could of been able to deal with 64GB but 32GB is no where near enough. Cloud storage is an option but when I fly (I fly a lot), cloud storage doesn't work for me. Now that wifi USB sticks with 128GB are cheap, I can justify a 64GB phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.