What market is the Moto X Play intended for?

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
basically it looks like a budget android phone with a giant battery. But they already have a new budget phone (Moto G). I'm guessing the G is supposed to fill the low end segment and the Play is midrage? Ok, but if that's the case their flagship specced phone is only $400 but cut a couple of corners which also qualifies IMO as mid-range. There's also only a 0.2' difference in screen size. Not sure why Moto even bothered with the Play version, it seems kind of redundant.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What market is the Moto X intended for?

I think they missed the mark with the two X's being so close in size. They should have gone with one 5.2 inches and the other 5.7. I agree they made some interesting, if not strange spec decisions. I think they were strongly motivated to hit particular price points. I think the Verizon Droid variant will have most of the goodies spec wise, but with of course a higher price or going on contract/Edge agreement.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: What market is the Moto X intended for?

Nice size. A small step up from my Turbo (about 4mm taller) / same width, without going too large - the Style is 10mm taller and 3 mm wider. Just need to know how this processor compares to the Snapdragon 805 in the turbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair