Could there be PDAF support after all?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Moto X Play review | MobileSyrup.com

"I’ve confirmed with Motorola that the Play also incorporates Phase Detection Autofocus, a method of focusing that ensures accuracy and speed in most lighting conditions."

I think we need a second source to confirm this. Sounds too good to be true, but I have noticed fast focus with this camera so I can believe it :)

The question is; why would Motorola intentionally omit this crucial selling point and marketing feature from the official specifications if this is indeed true?

Anyone got any more info on this?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hell yeah! :D

It feels good knowing that I have a flagship-class camera, despite the lack of 4K and HDR video.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Weird why they didn't say this to begin with. I found the auto focus strange to begin with but I am liking it now.

Posted via the Android Central App
I bet it was just so that the Play didn't steal the thunder from the Style at the announcement. A 'lets not make this thing look too awesome' mantra. Which is stupid because it's not like there's not already plenty of differences between them (SOC, build materials, number of speakers, display resolution, gyroscope support, 4K & HDR FHD 60fps video, front facing flash etc.)