Motorola moto x play system lag.

Nikos751

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
The same lag is present in Sony Xperia M4 Aqua which has the same chipset (Snapdragon 615) using (almost) stock Android. So, it's probably related.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Since getting the phone I've read a lot about the snapdragon 615 struggling with 1080 screens. I assumed wrongly perhaps that it would work fine with stock android but it doesn't seem the case. I hope marshmallow will fix it but I'm less convinced that I was.

Overall the forms factor, screen quality and battery life outweigh the lags for me so I am happy but the experience hasn't been quite as good as I'd hoped

Posted via the Android Central App

apachian_ayush

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Since getting the phone I've read a lot about the snapdragon 615 struggling with 1080 screens. I assumed wrongly perhaps that it would work fine with stock android but it doesn't seem the case. I hope marshmallow will fix it but I'm less convinced that I was.

Overall the forms factor, screen quality and battery life outweigh the lags for me so I am happy but the experience hasn't been quite as good as I'd hoped

Ever heard of yu yureka plus???

apachian_ayush

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I have now! I take it this phone runs well then?

My friend own this and it has same configuration and sd615 handles the full hd pretty well. Actually it can handle 1080p....but in moto x play seems motorola didnt work hard for the software optimization.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My hopeful theory was that Motorola had optimised the phone for marshmallow using the developer versions and the lollipop version was just cobbled together. So when marshmallow is released itll be much better. Having said that, the fact that they are taking their time with 6 and have just released the new droids on 5, I am less sure that is true

Akp45

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Listen every one, I ordered moto x play and moto G turbo together (x play for me and turbo for my sister).

Inspite of given better specs in x play, the performance in x play is far behind when compared to g turbo.

X play lags a lot without even installing any single app, whereas G turbo on the other hand is buttery smooth even after loading tons of apps.

Highly disappointed after buying moto.

Naveen Piedy

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
The only big difference in specs that affects the performance between the Moto X play and Moto G Turbo is the Moto X plays big screen and the resolution. Moto G Turbo has a 5 inch 720p screen while X play has a 5.5 inch 1080p. Other than that the processor and the ram are identical. Maybe that is why the G Turbo feels more fluid. Having said that, I have been using X play for over a month and haven't noticed any lags or stutters that frequently. Also given the bigger battery, better camera and better screen, I feel X play has more pros over the G Turbo.

P.S: From what I have heard about the Marshmallow update for X play, it improves the performance by a lot. So fingers crossed.

Posted via Moto X Play

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, just wanted to throw my two cents into the pool. I had very little lag throughout various ui interactions before marshmallow, however since updating to m I have had almost zero issues. I tried the few interaction mention in the o.p. and had non of those stutters. Don't know if I've been lucky but I'll thank the tech gods for it. And hope this post doesn't jinx it.

rumblecats

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Just want to chime in on Dekesask's comment - I also had almost no lag when I first turned this phone on with 5.1.1. Even after installing all of my apps and whatnot, there was almost zero lag (except when 45 apps were installing and I was multitasking...even then, hardly noticeable). Keep in mind, I'm coming from an iPhone 5S which is still relatively smooth. Comparatively, I'm finding my X Play to run MUCH better than the iPhone has been in the last few months.

Yesterday I updated to Marshmallow and I can absolutely say without a doubt that this thing flies on 6.0. Even with the GNL. On top of that, I'm running Nova Launcher Prime and it is buttery smooth. In case anyone is worried about this phone being bogged down, I'd say that Moto probably focused on optimizing 6.0 software instead of 5.1.1. Hopefully others have found similar results!

All in all, I'm in absolute love with this phone. Finally found the one that will make me kick my iOS addiction for good ;)

EDIT: I should specify, it's important to do a factory reset after doing an OTA Marshmallow update. My experiences are based on that, so YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze