Moto X Play drop down menu, main menu button and restart issues. Any help?

Rajesh Pandey4

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Any body can help me same problem exit in my phone also

Please help notification and home menu and main menu button is not working.
Rajesh K Pandey
[Personal info removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Any body can help me same problem exit in my phone also

Please help notification and home menu and main menu button is not working.
Rajesh K Pandey
[Personal info removed by moderator]
Welcome to the forums. Have you noticed any changes switching to 'guest' mode and back to 'owner'? Also, see if these instructions work for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=673227
Problems with Marshmallow on Moto E2, any help?

Motoproblem

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey,
maybe someone here can help me!
I have the same problem ( bottom middle and right button don't work just light up, drop down menu doesn't show wlan bluetooth etc. or notifications)
I have tried to log in as guest but it redirects me to my account straight away. Shutting the phone of and turning back on doesn't do the trick either.
It crashed a couple of times today which I thought was because the memory was so full.
I tried to get all my photos off but since the drop down menu isn't working I can't select it to connect to my laptop and there is way to many pictures to send them via mail and I can't use bluetooth either so now I am stuck.
I don't want to loose all my photos and do a factory backup but I also can't use the phone like this and can't safe the pictures elsewhere without it properly working.
Help would be very appreciated !!!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
maybe someone here can help me!
I have the same problem ( bottom middle and right button don't work just light up, drop down menu doesn't show wlan bluetooth etc. or notifications)
I have tried to log in as guest but it redirects me to my account straight away. Shutting the phone of and turning back on doesn't do the trick either.
It crashed a couple of times today which I thought was because the memory was so full.
I tried to get all my photos off but since the drop down menu isn't working I can't select it to connect to my laptop and there is way to many pictures to send them via mail and I can't use bluetooth either so now I am stuck.
I don't want to loose all my photos and do a factory backup but I also can't use the phone like this and can't safe the pictures elsewhere without it properly working.
Help would be very appreciated !!!
Welcome to the forums. Have you already tried the solutions included in the link on post #28?

Antonis K

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. I also have a moto x play and before two days it started have some force restart problems. As it works fine suddenly do a restart. Does anyone have the same problem? Is it a hardware or software issue? Please help.....

Pradeep Kumar34

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
helloo sandeep iam also facing the same problem as of u had no incoming calls and all the other common notification bar and home button problems ...can u plz help me to resolve it .....

Reenal Chand

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Install Nova Launcher
Create a "Activities Shortcut" Widget
Select "Setup Wizard" then under that select ".SetupExitActivity"
Tap the widget you've just created
Done :D:D:D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I cannot see any link in post #28

Look at the links in some of the previous posts in this thread. The post numbers have changed because Mods have deleted a number of empty posts (where people simply quote another person and don't add anything else).

sniraj76

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: moto x play drop down menu, main menu button and restart issues

In the last 24 hours i am having several issues with a moto x play. the drop down menu from the top of the screen no longer contains any of the buttons (bluetooth/wifi/data etc), the on/off button will now not allow restart or flight mode only power off and the button at the bottom of the screen to return to the home page no longer works. it still illuminates as though you've pressed it but it does nothing. The phone has also crashed on numerous occasions. Any help would be great!

Solved !!!

Pradeep CD

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I had exactly same problem on my Moto X Play. I was running out of space and I used to get alert all the time. 2 days back my phone restarted just like that and after that notif. drawer, home and recent apps buttons stopped working.

I could not even factory reset phone via Settings, that button was disabled. So, I searched through and got this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0eaBzUUKqw) and got to know how you hard reset Moto X Play. I got into recovery mode and wiped data/factory reset. All back to normal now!

Hope it helps :D

Awais khan4

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
THIS METHOD TOTALLY WORKS !!
*No need to erase ur device, one simple method*
MY MOTO X PLAY WASNT WORKING AFTER IT HAD CRASHED DUE INSUFFICIENT MEMORY!!AND AFTER IT OPENED I CLDNT ACCESS THE NOTIFICATION CENTRE NEITHER I CLD RECIEVE NOTIFICATIONS..
I ALMOST TRIED EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NOVA LAUNCHER THINGY (follow all the steps carefully)..and it just solved the issue lyk a piece of cake..
👉Install Nova Launcher
👉Create a "Activities Shortcut" Widget (in Widgets)
👉Select "Setup Wizard" then under that ".SetupExitActivity"
👉Tap the widget you have created
👉voilaaaaaaaa DONE
I WAS SOO EXCITED WHEN IT WAS TOTALLY WORKING WITH THIS SIMPLE METHOD,AS I WASTED WHOLE OF MY NIGHT BEHIND THIS CRAP😂
THnx a ton for this solution @Reenal Chand ,u r a saviour..
God bless you..
hope it helped the others
*REPOSTING THIS CUZ I IGNORED THIS METHOD INITIALLY THINKING IT AS USELESS BUT WHEN I TRIED EVERY THING AND THIS WAS THE ONLY SAVIOUR*
Cheers✌✌✌

Last edited:

BCLioness22

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site

I have the same problems. I am using Marshmallow, Motorola X Play. My device manager shows 2 options:
Android Device Manager (that's checked)
Outlook Device Policy (not checked, but not grayed out so I could check it if that makes sense)
Should I switch the administrator?

BCLioness22

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site

Nevermind... When I posted my question it showed me a page 2 (who knew?) So feeling silly I read through that and ended up going with the install nova solution (thanks to Awais Khan) and it worked. Now I get to have fun re-designing my pages....but at least it seems to be working now. Thank-You So Much!