Any solution for the common SD card problem?

Taz12

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Phone was working fine, then SD card showed as not inserted. I've tried everything, OTG, won't show up.

Is there any solution yet, as I've seen this problem appear for over 6 months!

Really annoys me there's a feature that is clearly flawed.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Turn off device. Take the card out and gently clean the Gold bits and put it back in. Turn device back on and see if that helped. Sometimes you get a thin film /coating on the contacts and that can cause issues... If that doesn't do the trick, troubleshoot... Does the card work in other devices (I'm assuming it's not encrypted)? Do other cards work in your device? Maybe take whatever files you have on it and back them up somewhere and reformat the card.... Let us know how you go and we'll try to sort this annoying issue with you Taz.

hellion42

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I guys !
I ll buy a x play soon ! (i found a seller in france but no so many stores still sell it !)
(think its better than A5 2016 from samsung and the new Moto G plus as an indecent sar/das value ! and the camera of the play seem better anyway...)
Iv read a lot about this sd card issue !
so as the author asks, do u solve it in time ? is it so often ?
Best regards !

Restav

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Replying to follow up...

I'm having the same SD Issue... phone worked perfectly for a few months, then one day it started to pop up the "SD Not Inserted" thing, if I restart the phone it works back again... but after some hours or after charging the phone it goes again with the error. It is formated as internal storage. Is there a complete fix for this?.... will the SD card be damaged?.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The "complete fix is to format the card as external storage. "Internal" storage is a kind of Band-Aid - if the phone doesn't have enough internal storage (and eventually, all phones run out), adding an SD card as "internal storage" will help - for a short time. (When the card gets full, you can't just put in a larger one - you have to back up all your apps to something other than the phone, back up all their data, clear each app's data, uninstall each app, put in a larger card, then reinstall the app and restore its data. With enough apps, that can take a day or more. And it's a LOT of writing to the new card (writing is what eventually destroys a card.)

It's meant as a "fix" for a small phone (8GB or less internal storage as of 2016) - but it's not a real fix to a problem that can't be solved - a phone has a fixed amount of storage, so every phone will eventually run out, unless you don't add any apps or data. (SunOS does it the right way - storage is storage, regardless of where it is - or even WHAT it is - but formatting an SD card as internal storage is a kind-of/sort-of "fix" that doesn't really fix a problem that has nothing to do with the amount of storage in the phone.)

polarisshillong

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
Replying to follow up...

I'm having the same SD Issue... phone worked perfectly for a few months, then one day it started to pop up the "SD Not Inserted" thing, if I restart the phone it works back again... but after some hours or after charging the phone it goes again with the error. It is formated as internal storage. Is there a complete fix for this?.... will the SD card be damaged?.

Yes it eventually damages the card. You better take back up. I haven't got a solution since the phone stopped detecting the SD card which was setup as internal storage. I have lost all my data.