FYI: Moto X Style (intl) and Moto X Pure Edition (US) are the same (except radio bands)

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: So why is the moto x called two different names

They are essentially the same. The Pure will be sold in the US and the Style will be sold Internationally. The only difference should be the cellular radios.

Sent from my Moto X (2013)

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

One is for the US to denote that its an unlocked, carrier free verison.

The Style is the international name which doesn't have to imply its unlocked and carrier free.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Moto x pure and moto x style, why is there two names used? Aren't they the same?

they said it already, but I still think they should've just kept it the same name. the small difference didn't require two separate names. they could've just used different model numbers or something.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I still the Moto X Play should have been called Moto <letter between G and X>.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Because......crappy marketing department!!!!!!

I think Moto/Lenovo has done a fantastic job with marketing ... keep in mind it's the G that generates the most revenue, so the Play and Style are gonna take a back seat. Also, Samsung dropped $14 billion on marketing last year, so I'd say dollar for dollar, Moto actually did a better job. Like Moto Maker, my 11 year old and his friends think it's the greatest thing in the world. They do a pretty good job IMO promoting it.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I think Moto/Lenovo has done a fantastic job with marketing ... keep in mind it's the G that generates the most revenue, so the Play and Style are gonna take a back seat. Also, Samsung dropped $14 billion on marketing last year, so I'd say dollar for dollar, Moto actually did a better job. Like Moto Maker, my 11 year old and his friends think it's the greatest thing in the world. They do a pretty good job IMO promoting it.

None of which explains why the two names for the same device. When it comes down to it, the only guess I can put forward is that "Style" resonates more with the non-US target consumers for some reason while "Pure Edition" sounds like it's aimed at US consumers who are "phone nerds" (like us) and not the average consumer.

Even with Verizon's new plan shift, how many people are going to go into one of their stores and NOT pay for an Apple or Samsung phone at a much higher price simply because it's in the store vs. knowing they can buy a Moto X for hundreds less and then bring it to Verizon for a SIM card? Unless Verizon is involved in the marketing scheme, I don't see how the average consumer is going to be make to make that choice. Only those of us who really pay attention will have reasonable knowledge about it and be able to make that choice.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I can handle the two names for the same device "essentially" because if you can only buy it online and you order the Style and accidentally get the International version then you will have to go through the hassle of retuning it...blah, blah, blah.
This way you know when you order the pure that you are getting the correct version.

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Oh for gosh sake. The Pure is XT1575 and the Style is XT1572. I refer to my Maxx as XT1080M in emails.
:D

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Oh for gosh sake. The Pure is XT1575 and the Style is XT1572. I refer to my Maxx as XT1080M in emails.
:D

hey, where did you find this information at? I'm trying to find the model number of the pure edition ordered in the US and saw you had posted XT1575. Want to see a source if you have one. Thanks!

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: FYI: Moto X Style (intl) and Moto X Pure Edition (US) are the same phone

Could the Style be used in Australia? Considering I can find one online, that is 😒

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

hey, where did you find this information at? I'm trying to find the model number of the pure edition ordered in the US and saw you had posted XT1575. Want to see a source if you have one. Thanks!

AI did a lot of searching and found the nuimbers on some obscure site, I don't remember where. However I then Googled XT1575 and got the Pure. I Googled 1572 and got the Style. Additionally, there is a 1570 that has a slightly different set of data bands than the regular "Style". OK, sometimes I'm a little OC.:-[

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

AI did a lot of searching and found the nuimbers on some obscure site, I don't remember where. However I then Googled XT1575 and got the Pure. I Googled 1572 and got the Style. Additionally, there is a 1570 that has a slightly different set of data bands than the regular "Style".

Thanks. I was working with Swappa on getting a device page setup for this phone and they were trying to find the info. I did see 1575 in several hands on videos around here too. Thanks!!

Posted via the Android Central App

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Moto X Style (intl) and Moto X Pure Edition (US) are the same phone...WRONG!

The thread title is very misleading... They are not identical phones where it matters the most....service! After all, you are buying a phone to use as a phone right..??? Maybe not.:p

The Style has a few different bands for LTE service than the Pure. I would recommend buying them the Style for UK use and Pure for US use as Motorola has marketed.

Moto X Pure edition
4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 38, 41)

Moto X Style
4G LTE (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 25, 28, 40, 41)

So, as you can see bands 13,20,28,40 are the differences. You will still get service, just not in all areas as good as if you had the appropriate phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc