Considering making the switch back to Android.

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been switching back and forth between Android and iOS for the past 4 years now. I currently have an iPhone 6+ and before that was the original Moto X, which I loved. The only phones I'd consider making the switch again for would be the Style or a Nexus. Would the upcoming Style work on Sprint? I want a pure Android phone but, as of now, staying on Sprint is my only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! I absolutely loved my OG Moto X. Mainly due to the Active Notifications but also because of how incredibly snappy the phone stayed after having it for about a year. It was also one of the few positive experiences I've had with an Android device.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been switching back and forth between Android and iOS for the past 4 years now. I currently have an iPhone 6+ and before that was the original Moto X, which I loved. The only phones I'd consider making the switch again for would be the Style or a Nexus. Would the upcoming Style work on Sprint? I want a pure Android phone but, as of now, staying on Sprint is my only option.

Yes. Once available in the US it will be called the "Moto X Pure Edition". If you nab that you can use it on Sprint.

xxhbmxx

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend going with a Nexus 6.I have one and its absolutely amazing.SInce you're switching from an iphone,you must be used to a lag free environment. Thats exactly what the Nexus offers.As for Sprint,it should work(do some research) as it has some really good radios.The reason I recommend this is also because of the screen size you're mostly used to.The iphone 6 plus and the Nexus 6 are roughly the same in physical dimensions except that the Nexus is a bit thick but thats due to the curved back.Much better display and .5 inches bigger too.If you're more into newer hardware and more customizeability then the Moto X Style is what you should get.But since it was newly released I seriously doubt it will be easily available.The Nexus 6 prices have also dropped significantly since a new Nexus 6 might be released soon.As for the Style working on Sprint,like I said before,Motorola usually has one of the best radios though you should still do some research.Hope this helps.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 6 is amazing. My Iphone 6 is gathering dust. Pure android, fast, battery lasts all day, wireless charging, camera, etc. You can't go wrong with the Nexus 6.

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
After a year of the Nexus 6 being out, is it still fast? Do you notice any hang ups or lagging or force closes

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
That's the only way I'd come back to Android. I have nothing against it. I'm not biased. But I do want a lag free experience for the life of the device. And when I say life o mean the at most 2 years I have it. Pure android is the only way I'd come back so the Moto X Pure Edition or the newest Nexus is what id likely go with

xxhbmxx

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
The Moto X style is a great phone too BUT it has a different display than the Nexus 6.The older Moto X(2014) had an AMOLED Display but this year it comes with a TFT LCD Display which in my opinion is a bit outdated.They could've atleast used an IPS display but anyways it still has a Quad HD display.I've had my current Nexus 6 for about a week now but I did have an ASUS Nexus 7 2013 for about a year and according to my experience,it always stayed lag free but unfortunately the screen cracked so yeah but it still did survive some drops(face down ones too) though I don't think the Nexus 6 is the same.Techrax on youtube did a drop test and the face down one killed the N6 so you might wanna get a case(I recommend the RINGKE MAX).Nexus devices don't usually get slow like Samsung devices do(talking from some Galaxy Note experience).Good luck!

xxhbmxx

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Like I said before, The new Moto X doesn't have an AMOLED display which means it won't support active display as an LCD would require the whole display to turn on.It would be interesting to see what Motorola did with that and if it even works.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Like I said before, The new Moto X doesn't have an AMOLED display which means it won't support active display as an LCD would require the whole display to turn on.It would be interesting to see what Motorola did with that and if it even works.

It works on the new Moto G which doesn't have AMOLED....whether or not it's battery efficient is another story. But yes it'll have active display just like previous versions. I doubt they'd change if it hindered the product much.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you enjoy good camera performance, stay away from the N6 and just wait for this phone. It's literally the only reason I didn't go w/ the N6. Camera sucks. Like 10 steps down from the i6+

xxhbmxx

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
If you enjoy good camera performance, stay away from the N6 and just wait for this phone. It's literally the only reason I didn't go w/ the N6. Camera sucks. Like 10 steps down from the i6+
No.It doesn't. Try looking at some sample pictures and videos and see if that changes your opinion.Although,it is true that older Nexus devices have been plagued with poor camera performance, the Nexus 6 is a huge step up. The camera is comparable with the note 4 and at least close to the iPhone 6 plus's camera,if not better.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
No.It doesn't. Try looking at some sample pictures and videos and see if that changes your opinion.Although,it is true that older Nexus devices have been plagued with poor camera performance, the Nexus 6 is a huge step up. The camera is comparable with the note 4 and at least close to the iPhone 6 plus's camera,if not better.

The camera on the Nexus 6 is pretty good but the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are still better. The new Moto X Style however is right up there now.
Google Nexus 6: Google's latest handset storms in to the DxOMark Mobile top 10 - DxOMark

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Between the Nexus 6 and Moto x Style, I'd choose the the Style, because of the micro sd card slot. My only gripe is that it's rumored to not be available through carriers. Which means no verizon edge payments or anything like it. It works out ok if you aren't stuck in a contract or already paying for a phone through a carrier.

My situation is that I'm eligible for an early edge at the end of August. But in order for me to be able to afford the Style not buying from a carrier, I'd need to pay off the phone either by one payment or keeping it till April when the phone is completely paid off and then I can sell it.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
What do you guys think about new nexus 5/6 will offer? I know Moro x 2015 and nexus 6 (2014) offers good performance but new nexus 5/6 is not too far from releasing it.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I want to believe you very, very badly. I wanted the N6, I've used the N6 and the camera (specifically in low lights) isn't very good. Daylight, yeah, it's fine but that's the easy part.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think about new nexus 5/6 will offer? I know Moro x 2015 and nexus 6 (2014) offers good performance but new nexus 5/6 is not too far from releasing it.

Total guesses imo right now. The last like 22 years they've been saying we're going to see multiple Nexus phones......and this year is no different. Sure, it could be possible. Esp considering how long they've been wrong about it. If you say enough diff stuff you're going to be right sometime.

My best guess is it'll run Android version M, be between 5" and 6" screen size, and will not be made by Moto.

Google is all over the map all the time so it's hard to predict what'll happen a lot. Last year was a shocker at $600 price tag and going through all the carriers. Did that work or did that fail? I'm guessing it wasn't a huge success but whether it was success enough idk.

Either way....I'd say we'll prob know something for sure by Oct would be my guess. Kinda hoping they jump on the 'tell everyone about our stuff before the new iPhone launches' train. But we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21