Secondary phones

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Swap SIMs. The "spare" takes a full size, so I have a 99 cent adapter set. No problems swapping. (The spare is worth about $10 - one of the first phones with a camera, so if it gets "found", I can replace it cheaply. If I'm going somewhere I might lose it, get it wet or damaged, that's the one that goes in my pocket. No games, small "contact" list, but it's a phone and it works. It can even text.)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For those with secondary phones do you swap out sim cards or just pony up for an additional line?

I just pony up but one is for work ... I might take advantage of Verizon's new pricing structure, depends if the upcoming Nexus (assuming I get one) works on their network.

Posted via the Android Central App

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I swap my SIM. One phone takes a nano and the other a micro so I use an adapter.

Is that all you have to do is swap SIM's ? Or do you have to de-activate and re-activate your phone's ? Do you have re-set up each time ?

Thinking of having my OGmotox during the week (work construction and i would kill a large phone fast ) and use the moto pure during the weekend or if its that easy i would use the moto pure after work also .

thanks

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Is that all you have to do is swap SIM's ? Or do you have to de-activate and re-activate your phone's ? Do you have re-set up each time ?

Thinking of having my OGmotox during the week (work construction and i would kill a large phone fast ) and use the moto pure during the weekend or if its that easy i would use the moto pure after work also .

thanks

All your account info is tied to your sim so there's no need to do anything besides powering off the phone, taking out the sim and popping it into the other device. The network will automatically recognize the sim.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

thanks

That's how it works on AT&T anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just swap sim's between my phones, everything is already set and in the cloud except for the useless WhatsApp where I have to reactivate every time I switch phones/sim's which blows my mind.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol