Moto X Style: Moto Display with LCD shouldn't Hurt Battery Life

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
According to the review of the Moto G by MKBHD: Moto G 2015 Review!: https://youtu.be/9HDKRP4nzc0

The battery life of that device didn't affect battery performance despite having an LCD display.

This should translate over well to the XPE and Style.

You also have to factor in the bigger screen sizes, as well as the resolutions. The Moto G has a 720P display resolution, as opposed to 1080P in the Play and QHD in the Style (XPE).

Edit: MKBHD just confirmed this in his Periscope. He expects the Moto X Play to have as good a battery life as the Moto G. In fact he's not too optimistic about the battery life in the Style, because of the smaller battery and QHD screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto Display: Shouldn't Hurt Battery Life

Agreed, I'm far more concerned about the increase and size and pixels than about the switch from amoled to lcd.

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Agreed, I'm far more concerned about the increase and size and pixels than about the switch from amoled to lcd.

Yes

I have the 2013 moto x and I may get the 2015 moto g or 2014 moto x

Not sure yet

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

At this point, I'm not concerned that the screen will affect the battery life too much. I think Motorola listened to their customers and probably made sure that this phone would have decent battery life. It may not be the best battery life, but I'm pretty sure it will be at least as good as my 2013 Moto X, which gets me through my day just fine. Plus, with the super fast charging that the new Moto X will have, a 10 to 15 minute session on the charger should fix things pretty quickly. Unfortunately, because they make the droid turbo for Verizon here in the states, they probably have some type of agreement with them that they cannot put that large of a battery in another phone that's sold here in the States.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

At this point, I'm not concerned that the screen will affect the battery life too much. I think Motorola listened to their customers and probably made sure that this phone would have decent battery life. It may not be the best battery life, but I'm pretty sure it will be at least as good as my 2013 Moto X, which gets me through my day just fine. Plus, with the super fast charging that the new Moto X will have, a 10 to 15 minute session on the charger should fix things pretty quickly. Unfortunately, because they make the droid turbo for Verizon here in the states, they probably have some type of agreement with them that they cannot put that large of a battery in another phone that's sold here in the States.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Or they don't want the Moto X to be thicker than it is now.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power