US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott93274

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm still convinced that the Moto X Style/Pure Edition will release on the 3rd. The Moto X Play after all had almost 0 notice of the release date and the Moto G was announced the day it was released. Also, the fact that the Moto 360 was pulled from the Motorola store lead me to believe that they're prepping to release new product.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm still convinced that the Moto X Style/Pure Edition will release on the 3rd. The Moto X Play after all had almost 0 notice of the release date and the Moto G was announced the day it was released. Also, the fact that the Moto 360 was pulled from the Motorola store lead me to believe that they're prepping to release new product.

Well our resident inside man disagrees with you on the date and I'd take his word since he's released reliable info before.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Word is that Moto pulled the 360 so they can launch 2nd Gen at IFA in Berlin this coming week

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Word is that Moto pulled the 360 so they can launch 2nd Gen at IFA in Berlin this coming week
That might actually make sense since ifa goes through the 9th, they could announce the 13th for sale date.

But why pull the 360? Why not do a big 360 announcement and then "oh yeah mxpe on sale on sunday"

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Release this week instead of next week?

Moto would be smart to release it this week, as many rumors have suggested, instead of next week when the Iphone is scheduled to be announced. Let's go Moto! Give us a hint!!

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Release this week instead of next week?

The 3rd September is this week... ???

I personally predict it'll be launching slightly later in the month though. On the 28th September.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

IF the Moto Pure does release this week, it would be a very poor marketing effort to launch and then go dark. All we have got so far is info regurgitated from 7/28 and one person at Moto taking a few pictures. Oh, an DPreview doing their photo tests at the event.

There has been nothing else. Seems more likely a late September launch if we presume Motorola has a cognitive marketing staff right now. The Moto X was an internationally pushed product. The Pure/Style is apparently pushing mainly from Chicago- the place again where the layoffs were. Even if the events in China disrupted supply flow, there would be a marketing campaign already happening if Sept 3rd was a chance.

Profound missed opportunity as far as timing. Apple will take the media coverage soon and a lot of consumers with it. Samsung seems like the biggest loser, since have a product not as different now. Perhaps Motorola can make gains anyway due to price for people not wanting to spend the bigger bucks on Apple or Samsung.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

There wasn't any prior marketing for Moto X Play. Don't expect any for this one either.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

There wasn't any prior marketing for Moto X Play. Don't expect any for this one either.

Are you in Canada or Europe? Obviously, there would have been zero marketing in the U.S. since the X-Play isn't being sold here.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Are you in Canada or Europe? Obviously, there would have been zero marketing in the U.S. since the X-Play isn't being sold here.
Europe (UK)

The most we got was a single a single post on Facebook hinting at a release on the 14th - that ended up being wrong anyway, as it was delayed (with them only giving notice of this on the actual supposed launch day itself). Then it actually released on the 18th with no prior warning at all. Just boop; it's on sale!

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Profound missed opportunity as far as timing. Apple will take the media coverage soon and a lot of consumers with it. Samsung seems like the biggest loser, since have a product not as different now. Perhaps Motorola can make gains anyway due to price for people not wanting to spend the bigger bucks on Apple or Samsung.

Those who love Apple have no problems with the price point of the iPhones, so another Android phone that is $200+ less than a comparable iphone 6s will have zero impact on their buying habits. (My 2 cents) The only marketable differentiation that the X-Pure has over Apple, LG or Samsung is the external customization via Motomaker. I think iPhone users care very little about bamboo or leather backs as every iPhone I've seen in the wild is dutifully put in a case by their owner.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Europe (UK)

The most we got was a single a single post on Facebook hinting at a release on the 14th - that ended up being wrong anyway, as it was delayed (with them only giving notice of this on the actual supposed launch day itself). Then it actually released on the 18th with no prior warning at all. Just boop; it's on sale!

Well, I envy you, Cakefish. It's an absolute shame the XT1562( X Play) isn't being offered here in the U.S. Personally, I think it's the perfect phone. 5.5" HD screen (non-QHD), decent CPU, BIG BATTERY, and Motomaker customization. How are you liking it so far?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Well, I envy you, Cakefish. It's an absolute shame the XT1562( X Play) isn't being offered here in the U.S. Personally, I think it's the perfect phone. 5.5" HD screen (non-QHD), decent CPU, BIG BATTERY, and Motomaker customization. How are you liking it so far?

Well we are going to get the Droid Maxx from Verizon which will be a Play with maybe some hardware improvements. Some bloat, probably not as much as usual.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Pros:

+ nice aesthetic design (subjective)
+ small bezels
+ curved back means it's comfortable to hold in the hand
+ feels robust/durable
+ bright, vivid display with good contrast
+ good, bassy speaker that can get suitably loud
+ camera fantastic during the day; sharp, vivid, accurate colours and fast focusing
+ can multitask like a champ, despite 'only' 2GB RAM
+ micro SD support
+ great battery life (6-8 hours SOT on average)
+ great call quality
+ FM radio tuner, with great quality and live recording support

Cons:

- slightly loose volume rocker and power button can produce a rattling sound depending on how the phone is held that's audible in quiet environments
- some of the material UI animations are noticeably choppier than on modern flagships
- camera struggles in severe low light conditions (not as good as modern flagships with OIS)
- camera can occasionally struggle to capture fast moving objects
- lack of a gyroscope means no photosphere or panorama mode support in the Google camera app (Moto camera does have a panorama mode though)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Play has FM radio, but not Pure Style? Seems counterintuitive that the more premium phone has no FM, can't replace battery and 630mah smaller battery on a bigger higher res display.

Edit:
Not getting Moto's logic here other than two separate non collaborating product teams.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Play has FM radio, but not Pure Style? Seems counterintuitive that the more premium phone has no FM, can't replace battery and 630mah smaller battery.

Not getting Moto's logic here.
How do you know the Style lacks FM radio?

Motorola has to create a reason for the Play to exist otherwise it would become entirely obsolete and be cannibalised by the Style and G.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

A link here or Android Central somewhere had a snapshot of asking Motorola customer support and the reply was no FM radio. No FM on the G4 that also has the 808.

Seems the Moto Play and Pure should have a baby that has the best features of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781