Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cognac Leather Pictures?

Also, I really haven't seen much about how the new leather feels in comparison to last years model. Does it still have the same quality, just different texture? Or is it a thinner leather that doesn't feel at all the same, like the G4?

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X pure slate color

Thanks for the quick reply! I feel better about my decision now. I was worried about it being too bluish. I went with champagne gold accents thinking it was gray. I guess if it comes in too fugly I'll just use my one do-over.

:D

Omfg every time I edit my posts it gets deleted automatically.

Anyway, I don't want to post a link to another android site's video, but android authority has an unboxing video of a slate back. I also ordered a slate back (black w blueblue accents) and seeing that video made me feel like I made the right decision.

greg5524

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Omfg every time I edit my posts it gets deleted automatically.

Anyway, I don't want to post a link to another android site's video, but android authority has an unboxing video of a slate back. I also ordered a slate back (black w blueblue accents) and seeing that video made me feel like I made the right decision.

Yeah that video has me confused. I wonder if that's really the dark teal and they said slate by mistake.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

I've seen tons of videos and pictures of that back, and almost every one looks different. Crazy.

Posted via the Android Central App

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I second that. I am waiting for one with the black leather back and will be very surprised if it arrives on Friday as scheduled. Have seen very few people posting pics or discussing the leather so wondering if the anticipated delay is because I ordered leather. Any pictures or comments about the leather would be appreciated.

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

i have ad my cognac leather moto x pure for about 4 days and its not what i expected the leather is not soft at all it almost feels dried out and super thin. In addition the cross hatching was suppose to make it more durable and i can see some scratches already.. i was having other issues with my device so i processed an exchange and i decided to go with the base soft silcon back. i expected the leather to feel nice to the touch but it feels really fragile. I hate to burst the bubble guys..

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I love mine.

While its not nearly as soft as the 2014s Moto X, its still quite nice. Definetly feels more durable.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

i have ad my cognac leather moto x pure for about 4 days and its not what i expected the leather is not soft at all it almost feels dried out and super thin. In addition the cross hatching was suppose to make it more durable and i can see some scratches already.. i was having other issues with my device so i processed an exchange and i decided to go with the base soft silcon back. i expected the leather to feel nice to the touch but it feels really fragile. I hate to burst the bubble guys..

got pics of it anyway? I ordered a CSR back and a cognac leather back. That way I can test both out and keep the one that feels the best.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

its hard to see but if you look close its there..

View attachment 197076

View attachment 197077

thanks! my cognac leather one arrived today. Still getting a feel for it. Part of me likes it but I never got to experience the 2014 in leather. It does feel thin and cheap for leather, but I love the look of the leather with champagne trim/back! (that's what mine was too)

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

thanks! my cognac leather one arrived today. Still getting a feel for it. Part of me likes it but I never got to experience the 2014 in leather. It does feel thin and cheap for leather, but I love the look of the leather with champagne trim/back! (that's what mine was too)

just make sure you use more then just the bumper that came with the phone...because it will get scratched up pretty quick and to think its more fragile than an s6

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

just make sure you use more then just the bumper that came with the phone...because it will get scratched up pretty quick and to think its more fragile than an s6

good to know. I don't really like that bumper at all but I didn't know the leather would scratch badly. I love the look and feel of the phone, but may have to keep my CSR back phone if this one is going to be that fragile

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm kind of hoping my leather gets a little ruffed up a bit to give some feel to it

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Moto Maker Error

I was making my device and tried to add it to my cart and got this error:

{"items":[{"name":"Activation Kits - TMO","inTheBox":null,"availability":"IN_STOCK","madeToOrder":false,"bbyVendorCode":null,"isBundle":false,"isVariant":false,"orderableVariants":null,"ecoTax":null,"levyTax":null,"masterID":"SJYN1579A","variationAttributes":[],"usesATPLookup":true,"images":{"270":["/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-motorola_master_catalog/default/dwa6384347/Products/SIM card logos/SIMCardLogo_TMobile.png"],"540":[],"655":[],"logo":[]},"pricingQualifier":null,"pricemodel":{},"netPrice":{},"basePrice":{},"unitPrice":{},"price":"$5.00","priceValue":5,"priceLineItem":5,"priceLineItemVal":{},"proratedPrice":5,"proratedPriceVal":{},"categories":{"product-type-accessories":{"ID":"product-type-accessories","name":"Accesory Type Products","online":false,"image":null,"URL":null}},"isWarranty":false,"displayImage":"/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-motorola_master_catalog/default/dwa6384347/Products/SIM card logos/SIMCardLogo_TMobile.png","routingResource":false,"quantityRestricted":false,"uuid":"bcwYciaaiyMaUaaadnZhF00Cft","basketUUID":null,"ID":"SJYN1579A","quantity":1,"warehouseCode":"CN3","requiresActivation":false,"promiseDate":"2015-09-25T05:00:00.000Z","originalPromiseDate":"2015-09-25T05:00:00.000Z","carrierMonthlyFeatureCharges":{},"carrierActivationFeatureInfo":[],"priceAdjustments":[],"isBonusProduct":false}],"devices":[],"isUnlocked":true,"hasMadeToOrderProduct":false,"isPrepayment":false,"itemCount":1,"isEmpty":false,"subtotal":{},"subtotalnet":{},"adsMinPayment":"$25.00","monthPrice":"$25.00","subtotal2":{},"subtotalnet2":{},"grossSubtotal":{},"totalTax2":{},"totalTaxAdjusted":{},"totalTax":{},"subtotalShipping":{},"totalShipping":{},"totalCost":{},"totalGrossCost":5,"isNoPayment":true,"monthlyServiceCharge":{},"totalMonthlyServiceCharge":{},"priceAdjustments":[],"discounts":{},"totalDiscounts":{},"totalDiscountsNet":{},"hasDiscounts":false,"coupons":[],"companionItemCount":1,"shipment":{"ID":"me","price":"N/A","trackingNumber":null,"shipmentDate":null,"carrier":null,"items":["bcwYciaaiyMaUaaadnZhF00Cft"],"status":"NOTSHIPPED","externalShippingMethodID":""},"isShippingFree":true,"shippingMethods":[],"customerEmail":null}

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Slate. It goes from darkish like this to a little lighter in direct sunlight. (the following two pics are the same slate phone, the second one also has charcoal ash wood next to it).

Dark room
3affe50f214188640e6066a270be3ab7.jpg

Direct sunlight bouncing off it
e86351c3b57fa57a0e38d08e8c3b7b87.jpg

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
so just to add to my last comment about the leather back .. my daughter handed me my phone from the table and was eating chips with greasy hands. well i have 3 finger sized dark spots on my leather from the grease and i tried water on a wet paper towel to get it out and no luck .. So i have 3 permanent dark spots on my phone.. i will 100 percent ditch the leather and go with the silicon back....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699