Moto X Style: Does it have a Notification LED?

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Well you kinda can. You can speak to the phone and ask it what notifications you have. And it will read them out.

Atleast thats my understanding anyways.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so please someone explain me how the Moto Display works better than a simple notification light.

I have the notification LED set such that it pulses with different patterns and different colors depending on what notification is present (in my case PayPal, work email, personal email, whatsapp, etc.). I have notifications set by priority, so only one color is active at a given moment.

I can look from across the room and see exactly what notification type is present, and don't bother to pick up the phone for some types of notifications.

How can I achieve the same effect with the Moto Display feature ?
Lets be honest here the led never really tells u what notifications u have exactly because all my life owning a smartphone usually a certain led over rides others yes u see the led and ur like oh a notification u unlock the phone and u have more than expected...

Now moto display its different, it does pulse when u have a notification, itll show the time and the icons of the notifications, it may be a bit harder to see from across the room. Plus u can read the notifications by clicking and dragging that icon without unlocking or have moto read them out for you from across the room.

WildH

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Looking forward to trying this feature out. Maybe my biggest gripe with note 3 (other than camera) is having to unlock the phone to see what the booking light means. Always thought it should just show on the screen without having to unlock.

Posted via the Android Central App

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
If it's anything like the Nexus 6, you can root it and install an app like light flow to enable the LED.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz