"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I havent bought a phone for years and even when I did I was never into my tech so never followed these sites. Now the question is ... Is it common for people to track planes? HAHAHA.

Whats funnier is with everything the crazy buzz dies after a few weeks so look back and think ... "blimey I wasted a lot of time pressing F5" LOL.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I havent bought a phone for years and even when I did I was never into my tech so never followed these sites. Now the question is ... Is it common for people to track planes? HAHAHA.

Whats funnier is with everything the crazy buzz dies after a few weeks so look back and think ... "blimey I wasted a lot of time pressing F5" LOL.

Thanks a lot. I guess I'll actually work now. 😞

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
One thing about Motorola from past experience. A lot of times they don't update their status on your phones. I have had Moto X's where it still shows up in the system as being built and it gets delivered.

Posted via the Android Central App

stop giving me hope it'll just show up! my heart can't handle the back and forth! ;)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
One thing about Motorola from past experience. A lot of times they don't update their status on your phones. I have had Moto X's where it still shows up in the system as being built and it gets delivered.

Registering with FedEx eliminates this as they will tell you proactively that a shipment has been set up to come to you.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Someone on XDA got theirs delivered today from MotoMaker. I thought it was just Amazon or BestBuys deliveries today.

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Just talked to a Moto rep who was making no sense (he accidentally got my chat thread confused with another one he was doing). He clarified that my phone had been shipped out yesterday despite there being no tracking number sent to me and despite in my order status still showing the device is being built. I'm guessing that's the case with a lot of peoples phones on here so I'm assuming we are going to be getting a lot of unexpected deliveries over the next couple days. It doesn't surprise me considering Moto in the past has done this when I have ordered through them.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I just finished up and chat and it looks like mine is scheduled to be shipped tomorrow and delivered on Monday. Ordered through Moto Maker.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Rep via chat informed me my scheduled ship date is 9/14. So that means I'll likely have it by Wednesday of next week. So now my F5 can get a few days' rest.

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
For my future reference, how did you find out this is the right plane?

Coppied from xda:

Once it is picked up, FedEx always pads the delivery day by 1, so my guess is you will see it Friday still. Mine changed to Monday after it was picked up but my experiences with FedEx is that it always arrives a day early. In fact my moto is on way to airport and that flight leaves around 10-1030 am today our time. If it misses that flight then it's Monday.

If you see two postings for "in transit" lantau island HK and a later posting for "chek lap HK" in transit later this morning, it made that flight! That flight generally leaves @ 10-1030 pm their time/1030 am our time, which means delivery tomorrow.

I even know the flight number for mine as it lands around midnight tonight in Memphis and then transfers to Bradley within a few hours for tomorrow. It is generally FedEx flight 5986. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Shenzhen is right across the river from Hong Kong and it looks like there are only a couple of flights from Hong Kong to Memphis a day

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The ambiguity and lag alone is a reason I prefer getting phones at the stores or direct from the carrier. Moot here of course since no 64GB models other than Motorola raviola.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Second time I've checked on the status of my order. First time was to make sure it was going through on time and today was to check the status. Both times I basically waited for the other person to come back and tell me the delivery date is 9/15. Was really hoping it would be sooner but oh well.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
The ambiguity and lag alone is a reason I prefer getting phones at the stores or direct from the carrier. Moot here of course since no 64GB models other than Motorola raviola.

Wait, what do you mean by lag? A phone is more likely to lag if it's running carrier store bloat and "customizations". Or do you mean the lag between ordering and receiving a device?

shelt

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine just appeared in the FedEx tracker! Label created 20 minutes ago; Shipping Sep 10; Delivery Monday, Sep 14. It's a Cognac Leather/Dark Grey/32GB. Order number 012064xx. Original delivery date was Sep 15.

The Moto order status still says "being built", which may be true...

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine just appeared in the FedEx tracker! Label created 20 minutes ago; Shipping Sep 10; Delivery Monday, Sep 14. It's a Cognac Leather/Dark Grey/32GB. Order number 012064xx. Original delivery date was Sep 15.

The Moto order status still says "being built", which may be true...

you're giving me hope! I have cognac leather with champagne gold. Although, Moto told me on 2 occasions that mine will be shipping tomorrow... hopeful for today though! ;)