Anyone Else Disappointed With the Lack of Accessories?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It's rare to have a lot of accessories until the phone is out for awhile. I know people have their own opinions but one of my favorite things about this phone is the feel in the hand. I could never feel good about dressing this baby.

It's just that the two previous iterations of Moto X had cases available from Moto on release day.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Who wants to such a beauty in an ugly case.. No point customizing if you plan to hide it in a hideous case. Yeah sure protection .... I take the risk of breaking the phone than make it bulky and ugly.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Who wants to such a beauty in an ugly case.. No point customizing if you plan to hide it in a hideous case. Yeah sure protection .... I take the risk of breaking the phone than make it bulky and ugly.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

That's kinda how I'm feeling too. I have my N6 in a thin TPU case, but that phone sees (and will continue to see) hard use in a garage environment. My Moto X Pure is going to remain naked I think. I can't bring myself to cover up the ebony back..........

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No. I'd rather Motonova concentrate on the guts of the phone and leave the extras to the people who specialize in cases, etc.

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
It's just that the two previous iterations of Moto X had cases available from Moto on release day.

I have the gen 1 and I do remember (thanks for the reminder) there were a few rubber covers from motorola but even their people were publicly stating you weren't going to want to put a case on this phone. It was a few months before docking stations, etc were available.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No. I'd rather Motonova concentrate on the guts of the phone and leave the extras to the people who specialize in cases, etc.

That's what their M4DE program was all about. The first and second gen Moto Xs launched with many more options than the Moto X Pure Edition.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Incipio has cases for it. I emailed Seidio to ask. Of course, I'll check out the included bumper first. But having a secondary case with kickstand/holster is a nice combo. But I don't want one of the really cheap ones from Amazon until I read they're good quality.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
That's kinda how I'm feeling too. I have my N6 in a thin TPU case, but that phone sees (and will continue to see) hard use in a garage environment. My Moto X Pure is going to remain naked I think. I can't bring myself to cover up the ebony back..........

A clear bumper is included and I'll put a glass screen protector on it (already ordered).

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi there

Which tempered glass screen protector have you ordered as I can't seem to find one?

Thanks
I had the iLLumiShield on my 2014 X and it was hands down the best screen protector I've ever used. I ordered them for the XPE already.

iLLumiShield HD Tempered Glass [2-Pack] - Motorola Moto X Pure Edition / X Style Screen Protector + Lifetime Warranty / HD Clear 9H Hardness + Ultra-Thin / Anti-Fingerprint Coating and Bubble Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HAI9J...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4666824

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Z
I had the iLLumiShield on my 2014 X and it was hands down the best screen protector I've ever used. I ordered them for the XPE already.

iLLumiShield HD Tempered Glass [2-Pack] - Motorola Moto X Pure Edition / X Style Screen Protector + Lifetime Warranty / HD Clear 9H Hardness + Ultra-Thin / Anti-Fingerprint Coating and Bubble Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HAI9J...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4667009

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've always used Fosmon branded screen protectors that you can get on Amazon for cheap and have always had great luck with their feel and protection. I've never tried the glass ones. Is it the way they feel that folks like about them? Or do they actually do a better job at protecting the screen than the film style?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've always used Fosmon branded screen protectors that you can get on Amazon for cheap and have always had great luck with their feel and protection. I've never tried the glass ones. Is it the way they feel that folks like about them? Or do they actually do a better job at protecting the screen than the film style?

They offer more protection, are very smooth, easily wipe clean (almost no fingerprint proof), easy to install.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa