Moto Maker Ordering Woes

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So I got on the moto maker site, and set my moto x pure all up, gray soft back with dark grey accents and 32gb, added the moto care package put in all my shipping info and payment info and finished it all up and checked out. That was about 4 or 5 hours ago and I haven't received a confirmation email or had my card charged yet.

Not only that, I was getting this phone to upgrade the camera for my upcoming trip to England at the end of the month and when I first checked out it said due to ship sept 15th. I just went back on to try and remake it and see what it said and it said backorder until sept 24, the day after I leave. What a bummer. Anyone else have trouble?

Last edited:

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone else get hosed?

For what it's worth, I just received my confirmation email a few minutes ago, at least 4 hours after completing my online order. The shipping date listed in the email still showed Sept 15th. Your email should be coming. So, it's possible your phone will still arrive as you had planned.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

If you got the confirmation screen your order should be good - email is definitely lagging behind for some users. Check with customer care for shipping info before ordering another.

Chill145

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

At first mine said the 15th for shipping and then I kept getting errors when I went selected check out after entering in all my details. Something like item in cart no longer available. Finally got it but now it's the 21st. I'm just hoping it'll be faster

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I went though the same thing .I built my model , everything selected and then got that dreaded all items in your cart are no longer available
I tried it 3 times cleaning the item out of checkout, clearing cookies and history off my browser.3 times attempted & 3 times failures .
I managed to get though to support and they were all stressed but friendly. :) Telling me of the issues they were having.

I tried one more time after hanging up the phone. I just tried one more time thinking it wouldn't go though
I saw the later expected shipping date had changed from 15th to 22nd I thought well its not going to work. Here goes ,but this time it worked.

Sometime stuff just happens.

Hopefully everyone gets them before they leave on trips.
I got my email too confirming my Est. delivery day is the 22nd
I hope mine comes early to fingers crossed.I have a tripped planned to

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Guess they weren't expecting such a rush of orders? Not the end of the world really, worst case scenario if when I call tomorrow they say it didn't go through I'll just get the all black 32gb from amazon. I usually put a case on anyway so at least I won't have to search for a clear one if the phone is just black.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

I just got an email saying there was a problem with the order and they cancelled it. Bizarre, as I ordered it hours ago.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

I had the same issue with 3 or 4 different colors. Trim, back and accents. It would all load up then at the final screen to check out, I get an error something about item is not available. Tried on three different devices. Work laptop, personal laptop and tablet. No go.

Not happy about it but I might as well wait until it gets released in stores like Best Buy and I can use some of my hotel points to grab some gift cards and buy it that way.

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My luck ran out; HELP on ordering early

How late will the shipping date go as the hours go by? I am quietly fuming at my misfortune right now.
It's now 9 hours since I first placed my order. I placed it right after Moto Maker opened to customize my phone.
My sister offered to pay for me with her credit card since my money is at an all-time low.

On my way to work I got news that her credit card company suspected fraud and had the transaction pulled. I wanted to pull my hair out!!!!!!

She got a message that everything is now okay but we have to do it again. Now I'm back from work, she's asleep and I have to wait til tomorrow to retry the transaction.

My estimated shipping date was September 17th when I first tried the order.
By how much would it change tomorrow given all of the orders I presume occurred in between all that time. GRRRR!~!!!!!!

I'm mad at the apprehension, the build up to all of this and we still have to wait 2 weeks + to get this damn phone I've been waiting for so long to get my hands on.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I ordered mine at 9 pm AZ time at it sailed right through. 64 GB with leather back says ship Sept 16

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

So I got on the moto maker site, and set my moto x pure all up, gray soft back with dark grey accents and 32gb, added the moto care package put in all my shipping info and payment info and finished it all up and checked out. That was about 4 or 5 hours ago and I haven't received a confirmation email or had my card charged yet.

Not only that, I was getting this phone to upgrade the camera for my upcoming trip to England at the end of the month and when I first checked out it said due to ship sept 15th. I just went back on to try and remake it and see what it said and it said backorder until sept 24, the day after I leave. What a bummer. Anyone else have trouble?

You will probably receive it earlier, but why don't you pick one up at Best Buy for your trip, then return it. You could get it early and familiarize yourself with it. They might not charge a restocking fee.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

Mine went through the ordering process just fine then my Chase Bank saw fit to cancel it for me as it was flagged for fraud because this purchase did not fit my purchase habits with that card.

Posted via the Android Central App

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Got the confirmation email while I was asleep. Still says it ships on Sept 15th so hopefully that date holds true. My card also notified me of the purchase for fraud protection but as far as I can tell it hasn't effected my order at all.

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Now next morning. Tried it again with credit card.

WHITE and CHAMPAGNE not available anymore. [language removed]

If I ever get to even make the phone the way I want it'll probably be the damn end of the month before I get it.
Customer support flimsily said something about subscribing and maybe I'll get notifications on the "availability of a product", whatever that means in regards to Moto Maker.

Last edited by a moderator:

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
They're swift with the notifications though. I got an email telling me the moto x pure was available for preorder......4 hours after I already ordered one :-\

Chris X1

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Applied for Moto Credit two days ago. Yesterday, went to order and couldn't link my Credit account to my Moto account because I hadn't printed out the account number when I applied. So, I'm left waiting for my Moto Credit info to arrive via snail mail before I'll order.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Now next morning. Tried it again with credit card.

WHITE and CHAMPAGNE not available anymore. [language removed]

If I ever get to even make the phone the way I want it'll probably be the damn end of the month before I get it.
Customer support flimsily said something about subscribing and maybe I'll get notifications on the "availability of a product", whatever that means in regards to Moto Maker.

That does suck but were using her card and her card company simply tripped / blocked the transaction trying to protect her. That isn't a Moto thing. They also probably can't comment exactly when parts will be available so that is why they don't give a definite answer. They wouldn't want people to hold them to it and then they can't deliver on that specific date.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine last night at 9 PM Arizona time (midnight EDT) and got the email about 2 Am this morning. I just check order status and the little graph showed:

Order Placed 9/2/2015
Order Approved 9/2/2015
Device Built 9/3/2015
Order Complete 9/3/2015
In Transit Pending
Delivered Pending

Ok so its done!!! Send it to me NOW! :)

64 GB red leather Lemone accent Black front no engraving or greeting

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Go to the customer service chat line, give them the order number, and they can give you the scheduled delivery. I did that and got the date even before I got the email. The date depends on the configuration of the phone; color, storage, etc.

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Just tried to order my Pure Edition with a White & Champagne Front and Frame... Sold out/not available according to Moto's Chat.