Where is Android Central's Moto X Pure Edition review?

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate Android Central not rushing out a review, but a quick first impressions would of been nice.

I wonder if they did not receive review units like the larger corporate owned sites did, WSJ, Engadget, and Wired.

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Where is AC's Moto X Pure review?

That could be the case. I'm willing to wait for it. Perhaps they will put out a review a week or two after they get theirs from Moto Maker.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

From the reviews posted on other items, I felt comfortable placing an order for one. You certainly can't go wrong with the pricing. Of course I change devices as soon as the next thing comes out so if it isn't for me I can hold out for the next one. Anyway, I had the Turbo and really liked what Moto offered - the Turbo had some issues with the camera focusing on faster shots so hopefully this has been revamped. From the shots I've seen I think all will be groovy.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I notice that none of the major (non-big corp/newspaper/magazine) phone and tech blogs have actually posted a review yet so either they all got their review units later or they are all really diligent about getting some good use in before reviewing (I know AC is like that). There will probably be more after everyone gets back from IFA.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

AndroidCentral is a large site. I guarantee you they have a review unit and simply aren't rushing out a half assed review like some sites have.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

AndroidCentral is a large site. I guarantee you they have a review unit and simply aren't rushing out a half assed review like some sites have.

It's not like the major sites got the phone on preorder day and immediately made a review (although some seem so half assed they may as well have been *cough verge*). Droid life mentioned they really don't have a review unit, so I think it's possible AC doesn't either.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I would be very surprised if AC doesn't have a review unit. They do not rush to release reviews just because other outlets have done so. They AC review will be published when they are comfortable with the length of time they've used the phone.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm more than patient for a review. But I would very much like to see some sample picture output (no commentary is needed...I just want to see some).

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm more than patient for a review. But I would very much like to see some sample picture output (no commentary is needed...I just want to see some).

You can go to the Motorola website and check it out there, as far as specs, customizing, photos, pricing, etc. They even have a phone comparison available. The reviews will probably be out in the next week or so.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

You can go to the Motorola website and check it out there, as far as specs, customizing, photos, pricing, etc. They even have a phone comparison available. The reviews will probably be out in the next week or so.

I mean camera output samples. I have two on order. I just want to see more review/sample pics from the device itself. There are some with most of the reviews so far but not a very big sample size.

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

The review is probably going to be somewhere along the lines of: overall, a great device with the knock on the camera in low light situations.

At least, that's my prediction. :D

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

AC rarely does a day 1 review.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where is AC's Moto X Pure Edition review?

There is no perfect device for everyone. You make your choice, pick your poison, and pay your money.

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

If I were a manufacturer, I would never make the perfect phone. I want you to keep paying me the $$$. Muahahahaha! :mad:

Brian Stewart1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

if based on x play then camera then i think you are right...

x play camera (which should be same as in x style) as bad low light performance

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

if based on x play then camera then i think you are right...

x play camera (which should be same as in x style) as bad low light performance
If I'm not mistaken, I think the Pure/Style have slightly different sensors (or something) than the Play. Still very similar cameras though.
Having seen what Moto was able to do via software updates to the 2013 & 2014 Xs, I'm hopeful the lowlight issue can be be helped.

G4'ed it!

jwyche0007

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site

They did a hands on. Just give them time they don't want to rush anything.

jwyche0007

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site

In regards to the camera performance the 808 has technical capabilities that the 615 doesn't. I'm not sure what those specifically are mind you but I know that they do exist.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Android Central MXP review?!

Any idea why the AC guys haven't released a review of the mxpe yet? Just listened to the weekly podcast and no mention at all in the one hour broadcast either, it's weird, no?!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37