Question about memory options

Gurilla

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I live in Canada and preordered the Pure which is going to arrive at my American cousins house on the 15th, he's then going to ship it to me. I went with the 16gb rather than the 32 for two reasons. Number 1: Our Canadian dollar is weak and it would cost me about 74$ dollars to go from 16 to 32. I'm paying 590$ currently for the 16gb. Secondly, since the pure has an SD card slot.. and with the upcoming android M update allowing external storage to work as internal storage is there really a need to go anything higher than 16gbs? SD cards can be found for pretty cheap here.

TLDR
What's the point of buying anything higher than a 16gb variant when android M will allow sd cards to act as internal storage?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
What's the point of buying anything higher than a 16gb variant when android M will allow sd cards to act as internal storage?

I've heard this said (here and on other boards) but haven't heard the details. Will M literally "merge" your SD card with your phone storage and it'll just appear as internal storage?

/edit I guess so...
[Android M Feature Spotlight] External Storage Can Be 'Adopted' As True Internal Storage Or Accessed Normally With No Additional Apps

Will be neat to see if this makes it to the final version, and if it makes it onto the pure, and if it comes with any performance limitations.

Gurilla

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I've heard this said (here and on other boards) but haven't heard the details. Will M literally "merge" your SD card with your phone storage and it'll just appear as internal storage?

/edit I guess so...
[Android M Feature Spotlight] External Storage Can Be 'Adopted' As True Internal Storage Or Accessed Normally With No Additional Apps

Will be neat to see if this makes it to the final version, and if it makes it onto the pure, and if it comes with any performance limitations.

This is really cool, I only have about 5.5gbs of app data on my 32gb N5, haven't experienced any slow down at all even when my storage was about full. My music and pictures will all fit onto the sd card so I should be fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary