Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition and Moto X Style

Data14

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Moto x Pure Tempered Glass Protector

I know about a month ago there were no really good glass screen protectors. I am wondering if anyone has be able to find a more suitable screen protector that would not cause halo effect and that would cover more of the edges of the phone. I have one now just in case to protect my phone in the meantime, but the top and bottom have so much unprotected space and the sides have the halo effect so i cant wait to get rid of it.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto x Pure Tempered Glass Protector

Due to the very narrow space below the bottom speaker and the even narrower space above the top speaker, I think that it is simply not going to happen like we would want! I personally have tried two different glass protectors and neither one worked well at all. I have been thinking of measuring just the space between the two speakers from top to bottom and then from side to side and buying a square, tempered glass protector designed for some other phone that fits as close as possible those measurements. If it works at least it will protect the most important part of the screen from scratches and possible breakage.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I bought the IVSO from Amazon and it has a cut out for the bottom speaker. I do se some halo but not enough to bother me. My only complaint is it is a grease magnet. I clean it and bam it is right back to being a toilet.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I have the Pleson also after the ivoler and Skinomi didn't work. The Pleson is the best of the three for me. Of course, my wife installed that one and that didn't hurt either. It has a nice feel, no halos, probably achieved by it not completely covering the whole screen.

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site

I have the IQ shield I got from Amazon for under $8 and it is a good fit.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

The reviews on the Fosmon version are very poor. Apparently the protector doesn't bend to fit the slightly curved display and it makes the edges look horrible (one of the amazon reviews had pictures where all of the edges were peeled up because of the curve).

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I have the Pleson also after the ivoler and Skinomi didn't work. The Pleson is the best of the three for me. Of course, my wife installed that one and that didn't hurt either. It has a nice feel, no halos, probably achieved by it not completely covering the whole screen.

Pleson here also. It's great.

Posted via the Android Central App

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

I just installed the Pleson that was linked above - fits great! Install was as easy as any other glass protector and it came with all the wipes needed. No halo either! I have my Pure in a Cruzerlite TPU case and it all fits together great. It does leave quite a bit exposed at the very top due to the sensors but overall I like it.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protectors for Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style)

Here is a quick photo of the Pleson and the gap it leaves at the top. That lip likes to catch dust and pocket lint! I contacted Pleson and they said this is normal for the Pure protector.

My Pure is in a Cruzerlite Bugdroid TPU case in the photo. Decent little TPU case. Photo taken with my old LG G2.

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

It is typical, I looked at a lot to see if there were any that went all the way up. Take a look at them on amazon for example.

I did look on Amazon, their photo shows it going all the way up which is why I bought it and then contacted them when it didnt. It fits fine, cleans up fine and went on easily enough, just wish it went higher up.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

If it fit the whole screen, your chances of halos and peeling seem to increase fwiw.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I just ended up taking the screen protector off, because the screen sensitivity is already low as it is, and the screen protector in my opinion inhibits it even further so a lot of times as I am scrolling it just clicks on random stuff

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

I just installed the Pleson that was linked above - fits great! Install was as easy as any other glass protector and it came with all the wipes needed. No halo either! I have my Pure in a Cruzerlite TPU case and it all fits together great. It does leave quite a bit exposed at the very top due to the sensors but overall I like it.

Could you post a new link to that Pleson one? I searched the thread but couldn't find the link. Thanks!

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

Could you post a new link to that Pleson one? I searched the thread but couldn't find the link. Thanks!

I have the Pleson tempered glass also, and for me, it fits great. You can't beat the price also ($US 7.95 on Amazon)
Here's the <link>

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

I bought and tried Skinomi Tech Glass Tempered Screen protector...

It lifts at the bottom towards the speaker. I peeled it off and moved it up as far as possible and it still lifts on the inside around that bottom button. Outer edges are not that bad at all, just those bottom tabs that protrude alongside the bottom speaker.

I think I will rock naked. I'm not a fan of the plastic ones as they scratch way too easily. Also not much of a fan of the rubbery self healing ones. They smudge and collect stuff like crazy.20151203_092236_zpspescykoo.jpg20151203_092252_zpsutferhfg.jpg

Last edited:

Xylomaphoner

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I would not recommend the "Moto X Pure Edition Screen Protector, PLESON® Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/X Style Tempered Glass Screen Protectors 0.26mm 99.9% HD 9H Hardness Glass Screen Protector For Moto X Pure-Lifetime Warranty"

The whole perimeter of the protector never stuck to the device, even though it's adhered properly everywhere else. The problem is worse on the right and left sides, but is still present on the bottom. It was a good price, but I would gladly pay a little more for something that actually sticks to the screen completely.

Last edited by a moderator: