Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style) here!

Good quality on those photos, even after zooming in.

Posted via the Android Central App

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Front facing camera looks pretty good. A lot of natural light though. Don't people understand we're concerned about pics w/ little natural light? SHEEESSSSHHH people :)

I know they'll come soon enough lol

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm impressed so far.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Me, too. I just wish there were more samples coming out more quickly for us to see. I'm living vicariously through those who actually have theirs.

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if he also added Youtube stabilization to this, but the lack of shakiness is crazy (it's almost too aggressive, as you can see some waviness happening)

That is surprisingly smooth. There was a little focus hiccup toward the end, but I agree.

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Motorola Posts Moto X Pure Edition Camera Samples

Photo

Attachments

• IMG_20150910_194616750_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150910_194616750_HDR.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 331

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Surely we can't expect DSLR quality type images from a phone. Plus, some of the blur was due to motion of the user and the subject. The oreos couldn't move, so it stood a better chance.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Techbuffalo posted a bunch of pics. Most of them are very nice (a few are a bit blurry, which it funny because iCrapple blurred images are seemingly always not included in the general posts for their devices). I'm quite encouraged by these pics. Can't wait to finally get my XPE next week!!!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

In good lighting, this seems like a camera that's as good as you're gonna get. I just hope low light performance is good. Still wondering why we haven't seen many samples..... People who know Moto X's previous phones have to know that's what we're curious about.

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Wish I could post the 4k video. Pretty sweet.
No option to post video on this app it seems

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Dog pictures from my normally lit living room (some might consider it a little lower light than would be optimal)

Not going for 'best shot ever' here, just snap and post . Also I uploaded these through Tapatalk, not sure what kind of compression there is there.

Side by side vs note 4 coming when I can get my wife's phone from her.

4c7cd0aa21ce30f1f04143b8739c1ba0.jpg
2c14ccaf27aed51f22b9e16e468e578c.jpg
84454d4df56912af2704bf5d3d2fa4d6.jpg

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Dog pictures from my normally lit living room (some might consider it a little lower light than would be optimal)

Not going for 'best shot ever' here, just snap and post . Also I uploaded these through Tapatalk, not sure what kind of compression there is there.

Side by side vs note 4 coming when I can get my wife's phone from her.

Have you noticed any shutter lag?

I ask because I have a suspicion that this camera is the same hardware as the one on the Droid Turbo but with some software tweaks to it. IIRC, you once had a Turbo but got rid of it because of the shutter lag.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Have you noticed any shutter lag?

I ask because I have a suspicion that this camera is the same hardware as the one on the Droid Turbo but with some software tweaks to it. IIRC, you once had a Turbo but got rid of it because of the shutter lag.
I had two droid turbos :) and the hardware is different the Moto X pure and there is no shutter lag.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I had two droid turbos :) and the hardware is different the Moto X pure and there is no shutter lag.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

OK, that's good to know. Near as I can determine the Moto X Pure has the Sony IMX230 sensor, the Turbo had the IMX220. They're both the same size and have the same aperture. Does it have optical image stabilization?

As you remember, the Droid Turbo had wildly divergent opinions on the quality of the camera.

According to this test site, the Moto X Style (which I presume has the same camera as the Pure) is rated as the third best camera behind on the Samung S6 and Note 4. That's exclusive company.

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Moto-X-Style-Mobile-review-Style-and-Substance