Disabling moto voice in favor of Google now on Pure Edition?

Pharylon

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Disabling moto voice in favor of Google now on Pure?

I'm really curious about this too. I found Google Now to be faster and better at recognizing my voice.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Disabling moto voice in favor of Google now on Pure?

I was under the impression that Moto Voice was a "pipeline" to the Google Now search. Moto Voice adds additional commands like "what's up" though.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Moto voice is an augmentation to Google now. Almost everything moto voice does is through Google.

To answer your question, no. Not normally anyway (it would not surprise me if a custom rom may have figured it out). Moto voice is how your phone is able to voice accessed anywhere. It gives you that functionality.

Sent from my XT1096

dmaynard83

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Moto voice is an augmentation to Google now. Almost everything moto voice does is through Google.

To answer your question, no. Not normally anyway (it would not surprise me if a custom rom may have figured it out). Moto voice is how your phone is able to voice accessed anywhere. It gives you that functionality.

Sent from my XT1096
Thanks. That's kind of a bummer because I think the nexus has Google now access natively even when the screen is off. Kind of unnecessary to have moto voice.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Pharylon

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If Moto Voice detects certain commands, it pipes them to Google Now, but some commands it handles itself. However, 99% of the time, I want to use Google Now, so I'd rather have Google Now handle it since it has the same "always listen" functionality now. It's faster that way, and I think has better detection for the "OK, Google" keyword than the custom one you set up with Moto Voice.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie